FREE - Custom Designed and Built Rocketry Components

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlcdp

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have purchased a 3D printer and I am looking for some objects to create. I have designed and printer two complete rockets, two electronics sleds, and a transition and boat tail. I need ideas of useful and hard to find/make parts and components.

Ultimately, I want to pursue this for profit, but for now I am offering this free of charge to learn and get experience with the software and printer. I do not need a design, just the general specs of what you need, and I will see what I can create.

sled 2.pngSled.pngBoattail.png

Hi All,

I have purchased a 3D printer and I am looking for some objects to create. I have designed and printer two complete rockets, two electronics sleds, and a transition and boat tail. I need ideas of useful and hard to find/make parts and components.

Ultimately, I want to pursue this for profit, but for now I am offering this free of charge to learn and get experience with the software and printer. I do not need a design, just the general specs of what you need, and I will see what I can create.

View attachment 183736View attachment 183737View attachment 183738

Escape towers for 1/70 Saturn 1B 1/35 Mercury 1/100 Saturn V (that will survive flights)

Escape towers for 1/70 Saturn 1B 1/35 Mercury 1/100 Saturn V (that will survive flights)

I'll give it a try. They may not survive a flight, but if I can build one, I can build 100.

wow, you might get flooded with requests. I'm going to need a transition peace but IDK the dimensions yet.

wow, you might get flooded with requests. I'm going to need a transition peace but IDK the dimensions yet.

First in, first out. Get me the dimensions when you have them.

I'll give it a try. They may not survive a flight, but if I can build one, I can build 100.

So far, s1b e tower wip.PNG

I will need some data on how the tower attachés to the rocket and the diameter of the base.

How about a short, hollow 29mm or 38mm nose cone with a removable shoulder, sealed on the aft end, that screws in and out of the nosecone? It would make adding a small recording altimeter or tracker to 29 and 38mm min. diameter rockets much easier.

Also, if you have a large enough print area, making some cheap fin guides for rockets 18mm to 3'' or larger IMHO would be a good item to eventually sell for profit.

How about a short, hollow 29mm or 38mm nose cone with a removable shoulder, sealed on the aft end, that screws in and out of the nosecone? It would make adding a small recording altimeter or tracker to 29 and 38mm min. diameter rockets much easier.

Also, if you have a large enough print area, making some cheap fin guides for rockets 18mm to 3'' or larger IMHO would be a good item to eventually sell for profit.

Good idea. I usually use a short piece of tubing behind the nose cone with a nose cone block at the back. I'll give it a try.

I think if you are going to turn this into a for profit business, then maybe some practice on nosecones are in order, especially with the closing of Semroc, I know there are some styles of nosecones that are not available in plastic ATM. For example I know I am looking for a replica to the BNC-20AZ nosecone for a mini mean machine scratch build. I know if you could get something with a similar look and weight, you could make a killing.

could you make 38mm avbay bulkheads that have a coupler bulkhead and body tube bulkhead that are together with a 5/32" hole near the outside of the bulkheads and a simple sled that will fit a perfectflite startologger and a small lipo?

Last edited:
How about what Connor asked but long enough to also mount an eggfinder? This is really cool!

I could use some fin/fairing assembly's for the Estes Saturn V. (Fin and fairing as one piece that could be glued to the body tube. Also a longish (I'll get you the exact dimensions soon) 29mm nose cone for PML phenolic would be great.

Thanks!

I'm trying to think of something I can't buy or make. The Saturn V parts are desirable but I have no interest. The AV sleds are a good product line to investigate for sure and the printer makes making the different styles easier.

If I can think of a custom component while the offer is open I'll be sure to let you know :)

I need a 3" OD ellipsoid nose cone for a estes leviathan -> baby bertha kit bash!

I am using Inventor Pro 2012. Best format is IPT or IAM, but I can read DWG. The printer software can read STL files. The printer software can only re-size and object, but the CAD software can manipulate the object.

Can you send me an email at bass matt f @ gmail . com? Thanks!

I've got a design for fly-away rail guides for 38-mm rockets, if you're interested.
FlyAway38.png

I could really use some help with my nosecone for my L1 project... The original "bid" winner hasn't been back in touch w/me.

attachment.php

There may be a few minor alterations to the original .ork, so if you're interested, I'll get you the updated dimensions.

James Parsons Certification Build (Classified).jpg

This would be awesome!

I'll send it along when I get to the computer. I should point out that I haven't had a chance to test it in anger yet (rocket isn't even close to finished), but the ground tests look good. But heck, the 3d printer part costs like $2.

What material are you printing out of? I'm finding that PLA parts shrink a bit, maybe 3% or so, so you may have to scale it up a touch. I the other hand, when it is a little smaller than the tube, it actually sort of holds on like a spring until it leaves the rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

If he can get them printed and can send me a pair I can test them on the 21st.

Back