Too good to be true.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
so it probably is. Have any of you come across a website with outrageous prices that it starts to make you think twice about buying something because you are afraid of getting taken.

Most of us have a couple hobbies and my other hobby is RC's; namely short course trucks etc. Check out this website. I was looking for this tuning kit (which has been discontinued) and this site apparently is the only site that has it and check out the price.

https://www.ebayhpirccar.com/tensct...si-racing-tuning-kit-tensctetlr0901-p-24.html

All the items on this site are way below what suggested retail is. Like a TRAXXAS Slayer PRO list price $424, this site sells it for $135. I know they are located in Australia, but how is it they can sell items so cheap and still turn a profit and these items are supposedly new. I tried contacting them and its been a few days and no response so I guess I'll wait and see? I also don't see a physical address listed anywhere our any kind of customer reviews about their service?

I was going to order something cheap and see what happens?

Last edited:
I hesitate to think of what the shipping costs are like.
Rex

Your right, the prices are crazy low. Most of the items look to be cheaper than what the local hobby stores pay wholesale. With most of these items coming from China, it makes you think that they must all be clones, however they have such a diverse product line, I don't see how they could all be. Please keep us informed. I've been looking to buy a new Futaba radio and a couple of receivers, and with their prices I could buy two, sell one and end up with one for myself for free.

I think we have some members here from Australia, maybe one of them knows something about this vendor.

Mike

wow ill definitely be placing an order here. also free shipping!!!

Last edited:
There are some HPI Blitz parts I am tempted to buy, they are SOOOOOO cheap compared to regular prices. If paying with Paypal you at least have the recourse of requesting money back if they are not as described or don't ever show up.

EDIT: put in some fake information and even thought they say they accept PayPal there is no option for PayPal on the payment screen..only wire transfer and Western Union. :y:

Definitely Fake/Scam...Stay Away

Last edited:
If you want to place an order with PayPal let me know how it works for you. I don't have PayPal. You may want to read their policies. Ad far as the shipping prices. It says to contact them for a quote on any items being shipped outside the country

When I went to checkout there was no paypal option. Only a wire transfer option and an option for sending through western union or something. If anyone figures it out please let me know.

There's a thread over at URC and they conclude that it must be a scam as well

Back