• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Edmonds Deltie Thunder Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iqsy59

Reaction score
I've done it again. I got overzealous and SHREDDED my Deltie Thunder. Does anyone have a kit that they would be willing to part with? I would like to purchase outright, but I also have over 200 kits, many OOP, and I would be willing to consider a trade.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Please do not force me to resort to begging! I will pay a very fair price or offer a very fair trade if anyone has one they would part with...

Cheers,
Michael

Did you check hobbylinc.com? They say they have them (very limited supply). Don't know if that's accurate. I do have one, though…..

Mikey

before I built mine I made patterns of mine so if I needed I could make another ( and yes I had a F-12 reload spit the grain and caught the glider on fire )

Did you check hobbylinc.com? They say they have them (very limited supply). Don't know if that's accurate. I do have one, though…..

Mikey

Thank you for thai tip Mikey. I don't know how I missed that one. I have a pending free shipping order with Hobbylinc that hasn't even shipped yet (placed Monday). I just placed an order for 2 to distribute the shipping costs. I'll be happy if I get one! Thanks again for the tip! Fingers crossed...

Cheers,
Michael

Thank you for thai tip Mikey. I don't know how I missed that one. I have a pending free shipping order with Hobbylinc that hasn't even shipped yet (placed Monday). I just placed an order for 2 to distribute the shipping costs. I'll be happy if I get one! Thanks again for the tip! Fingers crossed...

Cheers,
Michael

Hobbylinc was a bust. Heavenly Hobbies was already out when I found mine last year. Hanging my hopes on BMS or the kindness of a fellow hoarder!

Cheers,
Michael

I don't think BMS has any. I know they aren't shipping any of the Thunder kits to retailers now. It's a shame because they are really cool. I've built and flown a few of them over the years. The first was a Deltie Thunder that I made the mistake of painting. The paint added weight which required additional nose weight to trim the glider. It ended up being too heavy which made it a little scary to fly and caused it to break on landing. Since then, I don't paint my Edmond's gliders!

BTW, I found a Gemini Thunder kit at an online store not too long ago. So, don't give up hope! :)

-- Roger

I don't think BMS has any. I know they aren't shipping any of the Thunder kits to retailers now. It's a shame because they are really cool. I've built and flown a few of them over the years. The first was a Deltie Thunder that I made the mistake of painting. The paint added weight which required additional nose weight to trim the glider. It ended up being too heavy which made it a little scary to fly and caused it to break on landing. Since then, I don't paint my Edmond's gliders!

BTW, I found a Gemini Thunder kit at an online store not too long ago. So, don't give up hope! :)

-- Roger

I'm afraid you're correct about that Roger. I have a CiCi 2-Stage Thunder, a Geminee Thunder, and a Twin Thunder, but I haven't been able to find another Deltie...

Cheers,
Michael

Does anyone know why BMS stopped making the thunder series? Just wondering as I have an Ecee Thunder and have wanted to get some of the other thunders as well.

Does anyone know why BMS stopped making the thunder series? Just wondering as I have an Ecee Thunder and have wanted to get some of the other thunders as well.

I would guess that they are very expensive to produce.

LET THE BEGGING BEGIN!

Anyone want to see my list of kits to see if they are interested in a trade?

Cheers,
Michael

Michael,

Have you tried going directly to Edmonds Aerospace? Their website lists the Deltie Thunder for sale.

https://edmondsaerospace.com/TheThunder.html

-- Roger

I have now! Thank you for the lead, Roger. I actually was on their site yesterday and didn't bother to write to Rob since he hadn't updated it in a long time. (I mean bother Rob, not bother me)

Cheers,
Michael

Back