How did you discover TRF?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you discover TRF?

• Found it on the Internet

• Word of mouth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I googled a rocket quesiton I had and it led me here. Found the answer, then started asking more questions. The great answers and good people kept me coming back.

A couple years ago, someone pointed me to a question posted here about one of my sites, and I've been coming back ever since.

Er, um, uh....

That's ancient history. You expect me to remember something from that far back?!

I first joined on 03-09-2004 and that's about all I can tell you, at this point.

-Kevin

Griffin told me about it at my first launch back from the nether world of non rocketry

I truly believed that the stories of fire and dragons at the edge of the Flat Internet were false. After many failed attempts, the Queen of Spain funded my request for 3 laptops, using which the fabled land of TRF was thusly found. My crew and I have met many strange and wonderful beings there (mostly strange).

But according to your profile... You joined on 19 Jan 2009... :confused:... Maybe your memory is going out... :p
Er, um, uh....

That's ancient history. You expect me to remember something from that far back?!

I first joined on 03-09-2004 and that's about all I can tell you, at this point.

-Kevin

After Darrell Mobley passed and Rocketry Planet shut down, I went looking for a new rocketry forum and found this site.

Mike

Found it on the Internet ofcourse.
When I decided that I wanted to get back into Rocketry I went to Google and typed in "Rocketry Forums".
There's a Forum for everything!

I was looking up some questions related to rocketry, and pretty much every question's first couple results were from TRF. Eventually, I caved in, joined, and it's been a very slippery slope ever since...

Nate

I was looking up some questions related to rocketry, and pretty much every question's first couple results were from TRF. Eventually, I caved in, joined, and it's been a very slippery slope ever since...

Nate

Same:):)

Somebody mentioned it on RMR (news:rec.models.rockets) RMR was still active in 2002 or so.

Google led me here :)

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

But according to your profile... You joined on 19 Jan 2009... :confused:... Maybe your memory is going out... :p

In case your not aware,,,, a lot of us joined the old TRF and when it shut down and the new one was started we had to re-join so the date on the new TRF isn't accurate in that respect and myself and others like me the join date reflects the beginning of 2009.

My original join date was Sept 2007 cause I'm not as old as Kevin.:wink: You can see my original join date here on one of the build threads I did back then.

Also all our posts reset and we started at #1 even though many had a lot of them in the old TRF, fortunately the "Archive" exists so a lot of the great info was not completely lost.

Ed

After Darrell Mobley passed and Rocketry Planet shut down, I went looking for a new rocketry forum and found this site.

Mike

I lurked around here and Rocketry Planet from time to time, never posting on either one. After DD passed away I started coming here more and more and finally registered. I'm still more of a lurker than a poster. It's just my nature I guess.

I just went and looked, I joined 01-26-03...

Er, um, uh....

-Kevin

Don't remember. I know I was a lurker for a bit, but joined to access the Research forum.

I found the old TRF years ago while finding tidbits of rocket info. Lurked around and read stuff. A few years later decided to join in. Now TRF is very much part of my daily rocketry addiction!!

Jerome :)

Like many others, I was looking for answers and becoming a re-re-bar and had questions and the "G" search engine sent me here. This was after my son was murdered, and I wanted something to do with my grandkids. I joined the day I found TRF, it has been very helpful with tips on builds, and the friends I have met here have been wonderful.
Thanks TRF!!!

Friends in the local rocket club sent me a link about a subject we were discussing at the time.

I overheard some friends at a club launch talking about it and found it later on.

Back