The Angry Launch Lug

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The angry launch lug... The official mascot of rocketeers everwhere... :rofl:

I love it!
I'd like to see Gary continue this and broaden the topic.
Whatever the gripe of the day, as long as there's a flight tip or
a construction tip to pass along...this is FUNNY stuff!

So this "fanny pack" can hold starters, but can it hold igniters? what about lighters? Starters or initiators? can one put more than one of the above in a single "fanny pack"?

Nate

Let's hear from the "Irritable Igniter" on this issue.

I saw that thread before it got Modhammered. After about three posts it wasn't about the systems anymore, but two users flaming each other.

Daniel__s_Facepalm_by_xAikaNoKurayami.jpg

FC

We had a cadet forget to attach a launch lug to one of his models. When we got to the flying field, it was painfully obvious that he omitted something important. As a result, he was selected for the honor of carrying "Thor's Hammer" for a day.

Where's my shirt?? I need a shirt with the Angry Launch Lug. Everyone needs a shirt with the angry launch lug..er...rail dood, er, um, irritable ignit - starter dood, sir.

Shirts for sure.

Heck, you ought to do a condensed version of the Handbook of Model Rocketry from the viewpoint of the Angry Launch Lug, the Irritable Igni-er-Starter, the Satanic Spiral, the Nasty Nose Cone, the Picky Parachute, the Moody Motor, etc, etc....;)

The Apogee Saturn 1b instructions recommend that the launch lug be attached after the rest of the model is completed IIRC.

For some models, I've fashioned launch lugs or guides from small diameter brass rod, paperclips or soft wire. Two simple half loops cemented into corresponding holes on the airframe with CA glue. Less likely to bind up on a launch rod than the old "soda straws".

Back