Alpha Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayneb.warren

Reaction score
I am building scaled Alpha's to shoot the Alphabet next year. Starting from a Micromaxx to a O.

I see there are two Micromaxx motors. A .22 NS and a .37 NS. The current ones that Quest sells, I think are the .37NS.
Can anybody tell me for sure if they are and if by chance if both are still available.

Wayne Warren in Wichita.

I am building scaled Alpha's to shoot the Alphabet next year. Starting from a Micromaxx to a O.

I see there are two Micromaxx motors. A .22 NS and a .37 NS. The current ones that Quest sells, I think are the .37NS.
Can anybody tell me for sure if they are and if by chance if both are still available.

Wayne Warren in Wichita.

Wayne:
Actually there are 3 MMX motors currently available from Quest. but you have to talk to customer service directly to get the Old MMX-1 Cat # 5662 .163Ns plastic cased 1/8A.2-1 motors. This First run motor has a slightly longer delay .913s to 1.07s.

The current MMX-II motors can have either of two Catalog numbers 5663 or 5131 both are the most recent .284Ns, 1/8A.5-1 motors with an average .854s delay.

The Last is a Booster after market Quest altered MMX-II which has had the ejection charge removed but still has the .854 second Delay. These are sold by #5665 as MMX-II-NE motors.

MM Motors_& All igniter type carry box_11-16-06.jpg

Last edited:
Are the MMX motors only available online or are there hobby stores selling them?

Are the MMX motors only available online or are there hobby stores selling them?

Check with your local Hobby store, Most do not stock them but they can special order them through their LOCAL distrubutor. Sometimes this can eliminate shipping fees.
If not they are avaiable on-line from several sources, Quest Aerospace direct, Fliskits, Belleville Wholesale hobbies, ASP, I've even seen them on e-bay.

Back