Anyone knows where to find low current igniters for Aerotech E15-PW?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crumb fire

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm looking for igniters to light three aerotech engines E-15WP clustered / airstart. They must be low current, and small enough to fit in engines. Anyone know where I can get some?

I tried Mystic or Jtek but they do not enter into the engines. The igniters provided by Aerotech are not recommended by the manufacturer for clusters.
I will use a minitimer4 for ignition.
Thanks!

Rocketflite.com-esp if you want to fly it more than once. I think it's criminal how much ignitors and e-matches go for.

Edit: I went back and read that you were referring to a mini timer 4... I haven't worked with those so I guess they have a feature that allows the timer to put out more current for a longer period of time?

For other timers I thought firstfires and the rocketflite cluster igniters (i.e. MF or FS-12-LA igniter wires dipped in CF pyrogen) were too high current for a timer and 9V battery. They are low current enough for a 12V launch system to fire a cluster, but I thought a timer (EDIT: most timers) would need a relay or something. I tried lighting some CF (clusterfire) dipped Rocketflites with my PET2 timer and it did not work. To be clear, these were the FS-12-LA igniter wires dipped in the CF pyrogen... I have not tried the MF wires on a timer, but do they not have the same bridge wire and resistance as the FS-12-LA? I need to check. Now Rocketflite also has MF (Magfire) pyrogen which can be used to make direct ematch replacements with either FS-12-LA, MF or their new ematch wires. I don't know what makes these "ematch wires" different from all the other wires, because it appears they ignite with the same resistance and power source, but they would probably work with a timer. Problem is, these are designed for blackpowder ignition only... I wonder if you can further dip those in CF pyrogen to make them for suitable airstart igniters?

It's a shame Q2's are gone because that would have been the way to go. Dip them in the CF pyrogen and you have a killer cluster or air start igniter for small motors. Those and dipped e-matches are best.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back