Successful launch day.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take Jerome's advice and contact Estes- incl pics. They are VERY good about making things right.

For the ascender, try flying in single stage first. It's very slow off the launch pad with the estes black powder 29mm motors, so be careful with wind, even more so with two stage.

I've seen some pretty neat flights of the PSII E2X rockets. Both with and without the boosters. I've also seen some wild rides.

I bought my little 9 year old nephew a Majestic and booster do for it's maiden flight soon. I'm thinking it will probably go up on a composite E20-7 (with an adapter). I want it to go up with some oomph! :) Then we will play with the 29mm Estes motors. I'm thinking of buying a NC and BT from Estes to turn the booster into it's own rocket.

Personally I think the PSII E2X rockets are some nice looking rockets that can fly on a wide variety of motors. No snickering here.

Jerome :)

I have an Ascender and have flown it on BP E16s.The lowest flight(measured with an Estes altimeter)was 764ft and the highest about 810.
Putting a booster on it would make it disappear.

Great picture though. Was that a snapshot of a movie, or did you catch it at the right time?

Agreed on what was said about Estes also. Great customer service.

I was recording with slow motion video on my iPhone.
Estes is sending me a new Tandem X launch set and some motors.

Back