Rasko-2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrAdam

Reaction score
Just got rockets of the world and paging through it saw the Polish RASKO-2. Looks like it would make an interesting 100% scale. Anyone built one? Info other than what's in the book?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Okay, well lack of response must mean no. I will take that as a challenge. It does however pose some hurdles. My building experience is only kits. This will likely mean a custom nosecone and tubes. I think I can cut 54mm motor tubes and glue then glass for the correct diameters. Thinking 38mm motor and dual deploy. Any tips for achieving this?

I would build it open rocket first . To see if everything is good . Also Google your friend . What is the size of the air frame ?.Nose cone ? The vatassa way of doing the cone rotating stand with the pattern on the sides and a hot wire cutter . Then just glass . The Patten can be taken from for SIM file as well as fins . Just about everything I do is scratch build .

A basic OR model has been made. It is stable on most h and i motors. Construction needs to be planned but I think it's moderately easy and doable. Will look at the link but I think this project is a go. Will be a slow build as I have lots of other stuff happening in life right now.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Last edited:
Interesting that this keeps coming up when I click "New Posts", seeing as how it only has four Responses.
Ohwell, I guess I just bumped it.
Apparently it has been modeled before, as a Google Search yeilded quite a few Images of what were clearly Model Rockets Flying, and a few Images of the Decal/Graphics for said Rocket.
Does'nt look like anything more than four Fins and a Nose Cone to me, so why even bother with Sims.

The images are of scale rockets but size might be different. Looks like only two different models and one is on a polish site. I was saying that it would be interesting because it is a rocket that could be built 100% scale. Without to much trouble. I don't have the funds to build a 100% scale aerobee or iris.

As far as sims go, I would hope most people would do some basic calculations or sims on the rockets they fly. Be it a 3FNC 4FNC 8FNC .... Part of staying safe.

The images are of scale rockets but size might be different. Looks like only two different models and one is on a polish site. I was saying that it would be interesting because it is a rocket that could be built 100% scale. Without to much trouble. I don't have the funds to build a 100% scale aerobee or iris.

As far as sims go, I would hope most people would do some basic calculations or sims on the rockets they fly. Be it a 3FNC 4FNC 8FNC .... Part of staying safe.

Basic Calculations and Common Sense should suffice.

Sims are very important , due to not all tubes fins and nose cones will weigh the same ( most nose cones of a said design are about the same weight ) about is not good enough when your building a high power rocket . There is some who build with out the use of a SIM program . And it works . Just to say what if your building and parts fins get moved 1/4 or so up or back due to something you didn't see in your build . It would be much easier to change the position of said fins or what ever in the SIM than have to go through many calculations to see what the changes are . Also flight profiles . Much rather see a problem on my laptop than in the air

Back