Flying....Finally!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marwady

Build twice, Launch once
Reaction score
Hello all,

Due to familiy circumstances and an overall busy summer, I have not been able to fly until a couple of weeks ago.

Finally, I got some of my "virgin" birds into the air...:)

I must say that all flew well with very little drama. I owe this to the braintrust here at TRF.

I had 2 slight mishaps and both were my bad.

My Fat Boy almost lawn darted because I was thinking a C-6-5 would be enough. Not so and I cracked 1 fin at the BT joint. Some CA and it flew again nicely on a D-12-3.

A bad chute wrapping job made my AT Strong Arm come down in a flat spin with NO Damage!! :facepalm: Flew again on an AT RMS G53

Here are a list of the other great flights:

Sirius Eradicator on an AT RMS G-53
TLP HARM on a D12-3
TLP Harpoon on a D12-3
TLP Indigo on an AT RMS E18
NCR Lance Delta on an AT RMS F35
Quest X-15 on a C6-3
AT Arcas on an AT RMS E28
Mercury Engineering Integrator on an AT RMS G64

Planning to fly more an will try to capture some vids.

THX again to everyone for all your help!!

Cheers!!

Awesome!!!
Glad to hear that you got some of those sweet TLP Winter Builds in the Air.

Sweet! Nothing like the smell of BP too get a person going.

Sweet! Nothing like the smell of BP too get a person going.

I concur! This past weekend marks a very long period in which mother nature played a big part of my inability to go to any launches. FINALLY, (we) LW and I, were able to get a bunch of maiden flights as well as some of the models that were collecting dust, in the air at Freedom Launch. I was jonesing for some flight time so bad that I developed a building depression. I didn't want to lift one more piece of sandpaper until I got some rockets in the air. For the past 2 years it's either been a rainy wash out or mechanical issues that kept me from going. All work and no play makes Gary a very dull boy.

Got some more off today!!!

TLP PAC-3 on a D12-3, not quite enough motor and a butt-pucker landing, no damage.
Madcow Phoenix 2.2 on an AT RMS 24/60 F35. Beautiful, straight boost to about 1000 feet perfect landing.
Dynastar Firefox on a D12-3...see PAC-3 above.
Mean Machine on an AT RMS E18...Perfect! My MM loves that motor.

Lesson here is to use a bit more motor on those bigger, and/or multi-finned rockets....can do!!

Cheers!!

Back