ART ROSE has PASSED AWAY . . .

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This was posted on the Old Rockets forum . . . by "Geoffrey"

It is with a heavy heart that I have to pass on the news that Art Rose passed away on Wednesday, and was laid to rest Thursday with many friends and family attending.

Art was a former Gold Medalist in international competition, a multiple time NAR Champion, and designer of the famous Rose-A-Roc helicopter duration model and the Rose fin jig.

Art had been in declining health, but was still alert and engaged when I last saw him on Wednesday of last week. He was in good sprits and ready to continue work in his shop.

Condolences go out to his wife Janet, son Harry, daughter Oliva, and all of his family and friends across the world.

If you know of others that knew him, please pass on this sad news. We all will miss him.

Geoffrey

Very sad news. He was a fantastic competitor and a very creative designer. The community has lost great rocketeer.

RIP Art.

Bob

Sad news. He is still flying rockets now, with team Heaven.

This is another that has hit me hard... Art and I go way back. We didn't stay in touch much, after Pearl River, and it was a pleasure working with him again on a kit a few years back.

Model rocketry lost one of their greatest ambassadors.

He will be missed.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Back