Type/Brand of Glue for Fillets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Titebond II is really good stuff and shouldn't be underestimated. A guy in our club just did his L2 and his scratch built 8 lb rocket was put together with Titebond II. For wood-cardboard joints the cardboard or wood will give before the glue bond does. The only reason I don't use it more is that I fiberglass my fins for HPR. it doesn't really bond to fiberglass.

Don't forget that you can use the Titebond on most MPR too! Not everything has to have epoxy. Be careful using wood glue for engine mounts and couplers. It likes to set up real fast!!! I prefer to use epoxy 15-30 minute for those applications

Any of you guys use JB Weld for fin work? I can get it much cheaper than hobby epoxies in the great white north (almost half price).... It seems pretty ideal for engine mounts because of how heat resistant it is, as well as couplers/baffles because it's not going to grab instantly.

Picked up a couple packs on the cheap, going to give it a run with my latest Bull Pup project as I'm cramming a 24mm motor mount in there, hopefully eventually get it up to an E15W.

Any of you guys use JB Weld for fin work? I can get it much cheaper than hobby epoxies in the great white north (almost half price).... It seems pretty ideal for engine mounts because of how heat resistant it is, as well as couplers/baffles because it's not going to grab instantly.

Picked up a couple packs on the cheap, going to give it a run with my latest Bull Pup project as I'm cramming a 24mm motor mount in there, hopefully eventually get it up to an E15W.

I haven't usedit for fins, but it is the gold standard for attaching motor retainers due to its high heat resistance. It is definately strongstuff, but it is so sticky to work with that fillets may be hard. That being said I'm sure someoneon here has done it.

I finally gave up on finding it locally (most places I checked hadn't even heard of the stuff) and just ordered the big bottle from Amazon for $7.50. I used it to make the fillets on my Vagabond and they came out near perfect.

Back