Estes Labor Day Sale Starts Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnly

Reaction score
Just looked at the Estes Specials web link and there is all sorts of good stuff at super low prices.
The local kids who attend our launches are really going to be happy.

John

Last edited:
Yea...I finally decided to 'archive' kits. If I have more than one copy of a kit, one of them was pigeonholed for long term storage as a cloning template. Which leaves other kits to be built. But that means I usually STILL have more than one copy accessible of just about all those kits that Estes has for sale...

Even using them as a parts collection is getting silly...

But for anyone curious...the Estes MIRV is a hoot. I flew one at the last club launch and it worked exactly as described. I did put a layer of cellophane tape around the base of the second stage rockets to facilitate proper staging. But it worked like a charm. Heck, the crowd actually stood up and clapped because it looked so cool. So pick up a couple....because of all that foam and specialized plastic, it would be pretty hard to clone if it wrecks.

I would say the same thing about the Screaming Eagle (mainly, all the specialized cuts of balsa)...but looks like they finally cleared those out.

FC

Last edited:
I still have four kits from the last sale! The Xarconian Cruiser was fun to build. Still need to paint mine.

Trying to convince myself the Mega Mosquito really isn't mega enough, that I don't need to get it.

Yea...I finally decided to 'archive' kits. If I have more than one copy of a kit, one of them was pigeonholed for long term storage as a cloning template. Which leaves other kits to be built. But that means I usually STILL have more than one copy accessible of just about all those kits that Estes has for sale...

But for anyone curious...the Estes MIRV is a hoot. I flew one at the last club launch and it worked exactly as described. I did put a layer of cellophane tape around the base of the second stage rockets to facilitate proper staging. But it worked like a charm. Heck, the crowd actually stood up and clapped because it looked so cool. So pick up a couple....because of all that foam and specialized plastic, it would be pretty hard to clone if it wrecks.

I would say the same thing about the Screaming Eagle (mainly, all the specialized cuts of balsa)...but looks like they finally cleared those out.

FC

At the Oregon Rocketry Desert Heat launch a MIRV was flown, based on what I saw I included two in my latest order. One needs to have a spare don't they?

John

Just yesterday I was in my garage looking at the giant stack of unbuilt kits that I got from Estes holiday sales or the huge Fry's clearance and thinking I am never going to build all these kits. My interest has moved on to other kinds of rockets than the ones I have stockpiled. And even if I did want to build them all, I'd have nowhere to store the built kits. I actually put together a list of ones I might rather sell so I'd have funds to buy an HPR. But I guess trying to offload at the same time Estes is having a sale might not be the best time...

EDIT: I don't want to discourage anyone from taking advantage of the sale with my story! Everyone should have the problem I have. Stock up, rocketeers!

Last edited:
Just yesterday I was in my garage looking at the giant stack of unbuilt kits that I got from Estes holiday sales or the huge Fry's clearance and thinking I am never going to build all these kits. My interest has moved on to other kinds of rockets than the ones I have stockpiled. And even if I did want to build them all, I'd have nowhere to store the built kits. I actually put together a list of ones I might rather sell so I'd have funds to buy an HPR. But I guess trying to offload at the same time Estes is having a sale might not be the best time...

EDIT: I don't want to discourage anyone from taking advantage of the sale with my story! Everyone should have the problem I have. Stock up, rocketeers!

I have the same problem, I think i might start selling them. But you never know you can do kit bashing.

I looked at the sale and said,how can I not jump on this wagon? Then I looked at me pile of mostly LPR kits. I have a boat load I picked up from Semroc and a few doubles of Estes I bought for pieces parts/bashing.
So,Im thinking,instead of spending the coin on more little rockets, why not buy a rocket from Madcow this weekend. They are having 15% off and I dont have a Madcow in the pile.
Then again,I might not buy any rockets. What I really need is MOTORS!

I have the same problem, I think i might start selling them. But you never know you can do kit bashing.

They are great deals for parts and kit bashing. This is how deep my sickness runs --- some of the kits I want to keep from previous sales are because I'd like to kit bash them at some point, like I'm keeping my unbuilt Argent so I can add booster pods like Daddyisabar did with his. But the kits I'm considering selling are not the right parts for the plans I have --- no parts for booster pods. So I have been wrestling with the idea of buying MORE kits to get the parts I need for the kit bashes I have in mind. But probably what would happen is I'd end up with another 5 kits on the pile, with no realistic chance of getting to the kit bashing project before there was ANOTHER sale.

Must. Exercise. Control.

Must. Not. Become. Rocket. Hoarder.

I had to order 4 mega Mosquitos and and Argent

I have plans for all though, I want to try a 2 stage mega mosquito, and a 3 engine cluster one... finally get rid of all my C11-7's, 3 at a time.

FC

You ever need to get rid of any kits just send them to me:):)

Why.Not.Be.A.Rocket.Hoarder?

I need more hoarders so I can convince my wife I'm not the only crazy one

I did not realize that rocket hoarding was a problem!
That being said my wife wants a Mega Mosquito, I might take a couple of Super Alpha's and make one to use 24mm motors.

FC

"Archiving" kits. Love it!

Does anyone know if they ship to Canada and if so, approx. what the rates are?

I had to order 4 mega Mosquitos and and Argent

I have plans for all though, I want to try a 2 stage mega mosquito, and a 3 engine cluster one... finally get rid of all my C11-7's, 3 at a time.

Your gonna LOVE the Argent

Well, my daughter was all upset that we lost her Hi-Flier today and I promised her a new rocket. Then I saw the Estes sale.
Mega mosquito, cosmic explorer, ricochet, vector force, super neon XL, and she insisted on a flutter-by.

She's no longer sad about her missing pink Hi-Flier.

-Hans

Your gonna LOVE the Argent

I think so. I have a Partizon and really like it, and I'm planning on adding a ton of lights to the argent and flying it at the TCC october skies night launch. On a G75 metalstorm if all goes well regarding L1.

I think so. I have a Partizon and really like it, and I'm planning on adding a ton of lights to the argent and flying it at the TCC october skies night launch. On a G75 metalstorm if all goes well regarding L1.

Good luck, I have about ten flights on mine between a G40 and a G80 - Killer rocket-
Gonna stuff my new CTI 29-3G in with a light H and go for mine. Trying to talk the wife into a second one so I can overbuild the snot out of it and play.

I just ordered 7 hornets to turn into 29mm. rockets and 7 super alpha for 38mm rockets. Up to my same old stuff, a little estes kit bashing going on. :wink:

I was reviewing the estes sale, when the boss said "stop!"
She said, "fly what you got, replace what you lost!" BUT, not this sale! You have too many unbuilt!
Darn. She kowns me too well and she has been to too many of my launches. "Shoot 'em, loose 'em, thats me."
Ugh. Next sale...maybe.

I was reviewing the estes sale, when the boss said "stop!"
She said, "fly what you got, replace what you lost!" BUT, not this sale! You have too many unbuilt!
Darn. She kowns me too well and she has been to too many of my launches. "Shoot 'em, loose 'em, thats me."
Ugh. Next sale...maybe.

Mrs. Tightwad sounds even tighter with the wad than Tightwad.

Mrs. Tightwad sounds even tighter with the wad than Tightwad.

:lol: She runs a very tight house budget and I'm grateful for that, because I'm terrible at keeping the books. I still have my mad money for things like rockets, bowling and hunting and she is also a strong believer in use it or get rid of it. Which for me and my rockets, fits in well with her beliefs, at least the get rid of part.
I still have six rockets that I haven't flown yet this year, hence her comments.

Back