New stuff to resesrch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alethins

Reaction score
So I earned my L1 in march and enjoy HPR our season in NC starts in October and would like to research some mire stuff... I have basic building techniques and epoxy down... Motor Classifications passed my L2 test and am confident of my knowledge of the rules and regulations... My question now is are there any books besides the model rocketry book that I can get? What should I start to research now? I'd like to get to a point where I can help people out and answer there questions and help new people out as well... I looked at the website jcrocket I think is his name has and it's great I just want more knowledge... Thanks and I printed things from NAR and other sources... Thanks everyone and yes I tried the search feature first...

There's this.:

Brasseys 003.jpg

It has some good info that is relevant to Rockets in general. If you want something for "Research" it is a good Read.:)

Rockets of the world . If you like to scratch build scale. And this forum there is scale section , scratch building section . Lots of good information .

Alright thanks everyone and it's JohnCocker don't know why I though crocket sorry...

It all really depends on where your interests lay, and how far you want to persue them. You can go all the way up to professional riggers texts for parachute packing (ways that have been proven to work reliably when lives are at stake), lots of stuff for electronics including a HAM radio licence for opening up some additional bands for telemetry, to photography and video along with their editing, to more complex control systems as per multi-stage, to developing your own motors, to aerodynamics, to stability analysis, to trying for your own space shot... There are a large number of professional papers available online on any subject related to rockets. There are college and graduate level texts available on pretty much any aspect of aerospace.

Have fun!

Gerald

I want to definitely do a cluster rocket... Thinking if an ESTES one or a STOVI never done it before...

Researching what to research is very meta.
LOL! Mobius logic!
Alethins- you yourself have provided the key to your own future. There is no one so dull as the incurious, who accepts status quo, who has finite horizons. I take a humble pride on having taught my children no matter what the answer-they need to ask " the next question." Merely asking opens doors and with it keeps an open mind. Do not for a minute believe all has been done, there is no better way and all truths have been discovered. You have ventured a step on the road to discovery, an experiment that only leads to excitement either thru failure or success, that can only leave you with experience. Have a grand time following your heart.

There are so many things to learn and add in this hobby it is easy to get overwhelmed or in over your head. When I started my goal was to add one new thing with each rocket I build. That way I could dip my toe and try new things without getting burnt out. My advice is to pick something that interest you and add that to what you already know.

Because I am addicted, this is coming from my phone.

Thanks guys... So I've decided to do my first scratch scale build... I'll also pick up the books mentioned! Thanks everyone I'll be doing this for my L2 bird and since I passed the written part so I can focus on building a solid rocket that will survive... I'll also be researching more lol... No such thing as too much research..

I too am on my phone!

Back