Any Windows 8.1 experts?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Hello,
My 3 week old Lenovo U530 was working perfectly fine and then it puked. When I try to boot it up, it gives me an error that says "Windows Boot Manager Failed". Does anyone have any advice?

I am not a Win8 expert, but I've been using it for awhile. Sounds like your hard drive may be failing or your boot sector is corrupted. However, since your laptop is only 1 month old, I assume it is still under warranty. In the meantime, you have nothing to lose by trying an Auto Repair. How to do a Auto Repair

If it came with an installation disc use it to repair the installation of windows.

If not..download a Windows 8.1 iso that matches the version you have, burn it to a dvd on another computer and run the repair process that way.

Or, since it is only 3 weeks old take it back the place of purchase and have them run the repair for you..or replace the laptop with a working one. Looks like the boot manager became corrupted somehow.

Your Lenovo has a touch screen (designed to take full advantage of special Win8 features) and a special Hybrid/SSD hard drive. My best advice...
1- Take it back for repair/replacement/refund.
2 - look through the documentation for a toll free support number - call it.

Took it back to Best Buy, learned it was a nuked hard drive, got a new computer under warranty.

No reason to downgrade to 7. Windows 8 runs faster and is more stable, just people don't like change so they crap on the new OS.

Anyways to the op good to hear that everything is fixed.

To down grade from 8.1 to 7 . The shop the laptop is in had to configure driver . There is no drivers for 7 on the Toshiba touch screen .

No reason to downgrade to 7. Windows 8 runs faster and is more stable, just people don't like change so they crap on the new OS.

Anyways to the op good to hear that everything is fixed.

Absolutely right. "New" and "Improved" OS upgrades have been pissing off users since they digitized punched cards.

BB, how's the replacement working for ya ?

Woohooooo just found out from the computer shop there down to one driver to install .

Absolutely right. "New" and "Improved" OS upgrades have been pissing off users since they digitized punched cards.

BB, how's the replacement working for ya ?

beautiful. I love it.

Back