HOBBYKING, what a bunch of ....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area66

Reaction score
I ordered LIPO at the end of June and after 60 days of patience, I fill a claim with PAYPAL , they reply to paypal that my package was delivery according to the tracking, I phone to PAYPAL and ask them to look at the tracking and it was showing "International item mailed in originating country" what a proof of delivery morons. it's a register package of course I will have a signature. After they reply that it may be at Post Office waiting for me, well I go to the post office of my 2000 peoples small town 3 time a week, the post master and only employee know me very well, she will have told me.

Anyway Paypal refund me and I order battery from a Canadian reseller who ship it the same day and I should have it next week if not Friday. I pay more but no more HobbyRob problems

I ordered LIPO at the end of June and after 60 days of patience, I fill a claim with PAYPAL , they reply to paypal that my package was delivery according to the tracking, I phone to PAYPAL and ask them to look at the tracking and it was showing "International item mailed in originating country" what a proof of delivery morons. it's a register package of course I will have a signature. After they reply that it may be at Post Office waiting for me, well I go to the post office of my 2000 peoples small town 3 time a week, the post master and only employee know me very well, she will have told me.

Anyway Paypal refund me and I order battery from a Canadian reseller who ship it the same day and I should have it next week if not Friday. I pay more but no more HobbyRob problems

Must have been a freak thing because I order rc stuff from them all the time. Sure I'm not in canada but I still get my packages fast even from the global warehouse.

Must have been a freak thing because I order rc stuff from them all the time. Sure I'm not in canada but I still get my packages fast even from the global warehouse.

I have no problems with my orders before, but when I problem appear no customers services, lies after lies.

The key with HobbyKing is to buy what's in stock in their U.S. warehouse otherwise you pay higher shipping and have a longer wait.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I have bought Lipos from HK recently as well and used the Fedex option since HK changed their allowable shipping method for Lipos and haven't had any issues. Which shipping option did you use? I have done many orders over the last few years and haven't had a single lost package yet...maybe I am lucky?

My bad experience with HobbyKing wasn't their fault... Except that they require a signature on delivery. My package sat at the post office for nearly a month, and was nearly sent back, while I patiently waited for delivery. The USPS put one of those little slips of paper, devoid of meaningful information and lost amongst other mail, in my box. I found the slip three weeks later when cleaning up. The USPS is the only carrier that makes no attempt at redelivery, nor do they make any attempt to re-notifying you that they are holding something for you.

The key with HobbyKing is to buy what's in stock in their U.S. warehouse otherwise you pay higher shipping and have a longer wait.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

^^^This. I've placed dozens of orders with HK and have never had a problem. But the key is to only order in stock items.

What mAh capacity was the lipo? I believe June was around the time that the RCReviews guy, Bruce in NZ, mentioned in one of his regular YouTube videos that mailing regulations changed for lipos totaling over a certain capacity per shipment and could no longer be shipped internationally via some of the means involving air shipment somewhere along the way still being offered on the HK international site and the order would just sit in limbo forever.

What mAh capacity was the lipo? I believe June was around the time that the RCReviews guy, Bruce in NZ, mentioned in one of his regular YouTube videos that mailing regulations changed for lipos totaling over a certain capacity per shipment and could no longer be shipped internationally via some of the means involving air shipment somewhere along the way still being offered on the HK international site and the order would just sit in limbo forever.

they send me a tracking # , so it was shipped , they was 850 mha , I don't need more for an altimeter

Back