Who Makes A Short Ogive 2.6" Nose Cone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up Chopping a Nose Cone from the Estes Canadian Arrow V2 Kit. This is not only easy, but also the most convenient, and will be to my liking.
Just need to add Nose Weight, Make up a Bulkhead with Eye Bolt, and make a Reinforced Coupler from Scrap BT-80 to use for the Shoulder.

Thanks!
It will look good enough, and it will make getting everything balanced properly pretty easy.

SandingMartelBondo 004.jpg

I was able to use the Section of Nose Cone that I cut away to join the original Shoulder to the newly formed Cone after installing my Nose Weight and Bulkhead Assembly.:)

This was my first time using this Technique to modify a Nose Cone, and I fudged it a little bit.
With the Nose Cone in the Body Tube, I twisted it slowly to look at the Tip and see that it was centered. I could notice a slight oscilation, so I realized that I would have to either discard the Nose Cone, or develop a way to remedy this discrepency.
What I came up with was marking the Side of the Cone that I determined to be too shallow with a Pencil, then adding a 110# Cardstock Band to change where the Shoulder meets the Body Tube.
After this had set up for a few Minutes, I spun the Cone in the Body again to verify that I had indeed centered the Tip perfectly.
I had, and so to build it up and reinforce it I added a second Band of 110# Carstock directly on top of the first.
When this dries, I'll paint the Band with 20 Minute Finishing Epoxy, which will stiffen it and make it permanent.
Interesingly, and much to my liking, this Band actually makes the Cone look more like the Actual Cone that I was trying to achieve in the first place.:):)

FixedTunedCone 001.jpg

Last edited:
Back