Pronunciation of Cesaroni?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent Anthony an email telling him his name was the subject of an entire thread, thinking he might get some entertainment from it. He does. :)

He also included this, which I repost with his permission:

Actually my surname was historically spelled "Cesarone" and pronounced "Chezzaronee" in Italian. My grandfather and his relatives arrived in the US in the early 1900's and kept it that way. My Dad didn't care for the literal English translation so he changed the E at the end to I. Provalone is another example of the same issue. My mother is Acadian (Irish French) so it worked for her. I pronounce it just like it's spelled if that helps. :)))

-Kevin

I'm still working on how to pronounce "Jeroen".

The pronunciation I've heard from someone who talks with him with some frequency is "Yeroon"

BTW, Anthony pronounces his last name "Sezzaronee"

-Kevin

The pronunciation I've heard from someone who talks with him with some frequency is "Yeroon"

This would be a good last name for someone named Mack, especially if they smelled like coconut.

Last edited:

BTW, Anthony pronounces his last name "Sezzaronee"

-Kevin

This is right up there with the Mexican name Jorge, which is actually pronounced HOR' HAY.

Horhay, this is Yeroon. Yeroon, meet Horhay. You guys have a lot in common....

Funny. I also remember seeing an old spaghetti western, back in the B&W days, where a Mexican actors name was Jesus. But apparently they chose not to credit his name on the show as such, so they spelled it HAY ZOOS".

Funny. I also remember seeing an old spaghetti western, back in the B&W days, where a Mexican actors name was Jesus. But apparently they chose not to credit his name on the show as such, so they spelled it HAY ZOOS".

They could have hinted at divinity if they had called him "Hey Zeus."

It's the absolute worst! Maybe he changed the name to cover his tracks and avoid blame.

Hope he's in the witness protection program somewhere...

Putting out stuff like that and calling it Italian... I'm sure SOMEBODY would probably be out to whack him...

Later! OL JR :)

They could have hinted at divinity if they had called him "Hey Zeus."

"Do I look Puerto Rican to you?? He didn't say 'Jesus', he said, "HEY, ZEUS", you know, king of the gods, Mount Olympus, p!ss me off and I'll shove a lightning bolt up your @$$... ZEUS!"

Ah, more movie quotes... LOL:)

Later! OL JR :)

And then there's that star constellation called O'Ryan, but is actually "Orion"...

Using the logic behind that spelling, perhaps I should replace the battery for my launch system from "Orilley" Auto Parts. :wink:

I don't think I've ever had a face-to-face conversation on the subject of Cesaroni motors, so I've never actually heard the name pronounced. Is the C pronounced like Ch, the E like an A or Eh sound, and the S like a Z sound? That is what I would assume --- something like Chezarony. Or are the C and S both S sounds --- Sesaroni? Or Seesaroni?

BTW, "Cheese-a-Roni" sounds like a nice alternative low-carb, high-protein San Francisco Treat. Ding! Ding!

Some audio files of Italians pronouncing it (the first two icon links are best and are the way I've been pronouncing it, the female voice in the second one being the best sample):

https://www.howtopronounce.in/italian/cesaroni/

im still confused...

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Give me a vector, Victor

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

Say Timmy, you like gladiator movies?

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

Latest posts

Back