GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hated walking point but I'm blue/green color blind so guess who got that job.

Looks like you cut down the GI gas block/front sight on your shooting iron. Never thought of that. I like the old school barrel...the new M4 notched barrel just grates on my sense of style.

Nice job.

Thanks. Yup, hacksaw for the Gas Block. I followed that with the files and finished with sandpaper before a cold blue solution and paint.
I was looking at options for low profile Gas Blocks but they were all held fast by set screws and that is unacceptable on a rifle of my liking for durability reasons.
The Barrel is even heavier underneath the handguard.
I'll probably never own a grenade launcher, so I think that the notch on commercially available 16" M4 clones barrels looks silly. If you want an M4 just join the Military.

The Handguard is ofcourse A VLTOR CASV-M.

Last edited:
Here is my Golf Ball Cannon.:)

My GB Cannon 2015-04-05 001.jpgMy GB Cannon 2015-04-05 005.jpgMy GB Cannon 2015-04-05 006.jpg

The Silver thingy on the Muzzle is just a Cap to keep stuff out of the Barrel. It's just a big Muzzle-Loader.

It can be towed behind a Mountainbike or Snowshoes, and used like a Punt-Gun.

You can also live underneath it for the night.

Sometimes, I inflate its Tires with expanding Foam and Grass. It keeps the thing rolling nicely.

Last edited:
Oh and for all the gun lovers and second amendment activists...

I have good news (and for the anti gun violence activists, I am sad to inform you that our comrade has passed after fighting a battle with lung cancer)

https://www.cnn.com/2015/04/03/politics/sarah-brady-death/

Well, I'm neither a gun "lover" nor an activist of any sort, but I am a strong believer in the right to own the firearm of my choice and I'm also a strong supporter of that 2nd Amendment right. I don't see how this is supposed to be "good news" for me. RIP Sarah.

Just had to resurrect the thread...

New toy arrived in the mail yesterday. New Weaver V24 scope for my silhouette rifle. Sweet! Can't wait to get that baby dialed in, and start knocking down those bleeping turkeys. LOVE shooting silly-wet! (But hate those darn turkeys!)

I got a flat top LR308, no iron sights or anything. I don't have a lot of money to spend on ACOG or EOTECH so is there anything under 50 dollars (including iron sights) that I can put on this thing??

I got a flat top LR308, no iron sights or anything. I don't have a lot of money to spend on ACOG or EOTECH so is there anything under 50 dollars (including iron sights) that I can put on this thing??

Iron sights on a .308 platform might get you on paper at 100-200 yards, but even cheap iron sights will run > $50.

IMO, if you can afford to feed a .308, you can afford a decent scope: https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_2_5X_Compact_Scope_PAC2_5X_p/pac2.5x.htm

Just got a email from Radical Firearms saying they shipped my AR15 complete upper Chambered in 300 Blackout. I'll post pictures when I get it. Looking forward to this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I missed that. I guess that gives you the reason to shoot rifles gangster style?

what about this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007D3P994/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'm not sure why 300 blackout got so popular... I guess suppressed is good but not everyone wants to do a NFA thing. 6.8 SPC seems better when it comes to stopping power however for me I'd rather go 308 simply because ammo is everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will later.. it's waiting for stocks and mag. It's basically a DPMS 308 Sportical upper and polymer80 lower.

Nice to see this thread is still active. I have always had revolvers and I just got my first auto pistol, a Beretta 92FS Brigadier.

IMG_3356.jpg

Last edited:
I've had my 92FS (parkerized) for probably 25 years and never an issue. Great gun and very reliable.

Same with me, I just bought a Remington 03A3, "The American Mauser" can't wait to get it in...

View attachment 262198 View attachment 262199

I love the 03'!!! Before I joined the Army, I sold guns at a Hardware Store and did basic Gunsmithing for 6 Years.
I had some crazy customers, and one of them taught me to be proficient with every U.S. Military issued Weapon. He was full of knowledge and Ammo, and would recommend to me books to read. He was also a Master Machinest, and I learned a lot about the Metalurgy of Weaponssmithing from him.
The 03' is great for projecting power at quite the distance, and has a distinguished Record of Service.

Last edited:
My LR308 has a 16 inch barrel. I hope it won't waste the power of 308 too bad. Maybe I should change it to a 24 inch later on

[video=youtube;V2004nrHxa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2004nrHxa0[/video]

I had to go to the VA today to meet my new Dr. and we got to talkin' guns and he's building himself an AR-10 with an Ares Upper.
Now that's a Dr. who's good in my book!!!:)

I love the 03'!!! Before I joined the Army, I sold guns at a Hardware Store and did basic Gunsmithing for 6 Years.
I had some crazy customers, and one of them taught me to be proficient with every U.S. Military issued Weapon. He was full of knowledge and Ammo, and would recommend to me books to read. He was also a Master Machinest, and I learned a lot about the Metalurgy of Weaponssmithing from him.
The 03' is great for projecting power at quite the distance, and has a distinguished Record of Service.

Good post, thank you. I have wanted one of these for a long time, and they are not getting any cheaper. The rifle should be in tomorrow... I will definitely post some candids this coming weekend.

Back