GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same with me, I just bought a Remington 03A3, "The American Mauser" can't wait to get it in...

View attachment 262198 View attachment 262199

Awesome A3! I guess I'll add mine to this thread too. It was my great grandfathers, and has been passed down to me. I use it for shooting matches that a local club has once a month. The match is for old military guns WW2 and before. It is knocking over steel silhouettes at 200, 300, 375, and 500 meters.

This past weekend my father, a family friend and I got invited to shoot with the long range club at their 1000 yard range, so I took my A3. Needless to say I was the only one without a scope. Even with that handicap I did well working out from 200 to 1000 yards. My final four shots at 1000 were within about an 18" group. Anyways, on to the pictures,
At the 800 yard line:
IMG_8013.jpg
IMG_8011.jpg

At the 1000 yard line:
IMG_8022.jpg
20150502_122655.jpg
The white squares are the numbers for the targets, and are around 8ft tall for scale.

Cheers,
Kyle

Awesome A3! I guess I'll add mine to this thread too. It was my great grandfathers, and has been passed down to me. I use it for shooting matches that a local club has once a month. The match is for old military guns WW2 and before. It is knocking over steel silhouettes at 200, 300, 375, and 500 meters.

This past weekend my father, a family friend and I got invited to shoot with the long range club at their 1000 yard range, so I took my A3. Needless to say I was the only one without a scope. Even with that handicap I did well working out from 200 to 1000 yards. My final four shots at 1000 were within about an 18" group. Anyways, on to the pictures,
At the 800 yard line:
View attachment 262522
View attachment 262523

At the 1000 yard line:
View attachment 262521
View attachment 262520
The white squares are the numbers for the targets, and are around 8ft tall for scale.

Cheers,
Kyle
Looks like Sac Valley SC out past Sloughhouse.

This past weekend my father, a family friend and I got invited to shoot with the long range club at their 1000 yard range, so I took my A3. Needless to say I was the only one without a scope. Even with that handicap I did well working out from 200 to 1000 yards. My final four shots at 1000 were within about an 18" group.

18" at 1000 yards, with iron sights. Pretty darn good.

Must be nice to have young eyesight.

Take advantage of it while it lasts, cuz it doesn't.

[video=youtube;ClEo2OfA2Zs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=40&v=ClEo2OfA2Zs[/video]

I was just going to say the same. Only place in our area with a 1000 yard range. I usually hit the 300 yarder when I'm there, it's too far to go and change targets for the 1000.

It is at their 1000 yard range. It is my first time being at their 1000 yard range, but I have been to their 500m silhouette range, along with their 100m and 300m ranges.

18" at 1000 yards, with iron sights. Pretty darn good.

Must be nice to have young eyesight.

Take advantage of it while it lasts, cuz it doesn't.

All of the old-timers were giving me a hard time about how good eyesight is wasted on the young, haha.

It is at their 1000 yard range. It is my first time being at their 1000 yard range, but I have been to their 500m silhouette range, along with their 100m and 300m ranges.

All of the old-timers were giving me a hard time about how good eyesight is wasted on the young, haha.

Maybe a "Local TRF" outing is in order. Now if only the van Vleck's would loan us the use of their ranch for HPR! :)

At this point, I'd be happy if I could have my 200 yard range back ...

Photos stolen from my gun club's Facebook page...
psgc_rifle_range_mud.jpgpsgc_rifle_line_mud.jpgpsgc_rifle_bench_mud.jpg

We've gotten much of the range cleaned up, and we've actually added more property, but currently, during reconstruction, the rifle range's impact area is another pistol bay ...

"Morons who build on flood plains between fault lines" ... (For the record, that applies to all of us out here in the Low Desert)
:facepalm:

Got a bad case of cabin fever. It's going to be breezy, but I'm going to the rifle range anyway. I need to get the lead out.

I've also got a brand spanking new scope on my silhouette rifle. Everything above the receiver is brand new, and needs to be dialed in. Run some trajectory tests, see where it hits at various ranges. Not long range. Smallbore silhouette.

Gonna take a few other toys, too. Make some noise. I love the smell of nitrocellulose in the morning. :bangbang:

Trip to the range went well. The new Weaver V24 scope is nice. Tested the turrets, and they proved very repeatable. :grin:

With good ammo, that rifle seems capable of things its owner is not. :eyeroll:

Now I just need to figure out how to buy match ammo without the wife finding out how expensive it is... :bangpan:

The best GUN.

[video=youtube;4Wob2ryCfhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wob2ryCfhc[/video]

I don't think the current ROE allow you to use it as a Direct Attack Weapon sadly.:(
If Aerotech released HPR Motors to the Public, Terrorists would build MCLCS.

Last edited:
I'm planning to take up field target again. I just received my airgun, a Benjamin Marauder in .177 cal. There is lots of tuning and modifying yet to come to get this rifle ready for competition:

I don't know though, it's kinda growing on me...

IMG_8551_zps2eiofndg.jpg

Last edited:
Watching the news today, I heard someone say "Banana Clips". :facepalm:
I hate that term!!!!!!!:mad:

Banana_Clip.jpg

banana-clip2222.jpg

Last edited:
Banana Clips?????:surprised: How can that term be used to describe the AR/M-16/M-4 platform:confused: #1 it uses a MAGAZINE not a "clip" :facepalm: and #2 it is NOT shaped like a banana:eyeroll: So I am not worried when someone complains about a "banana clip", because there is no such thing:lol:

I've had dehydrated "Banana Chips" before, and while they were tasty they definitely would serve no purpose in any of my firearms.

Guns were my previous hobby until ammo became expensive and hard to get. I even stopped shooting black powder guns because the powder is getting difficult to find as well. I went back to model rockets and so far I am having a blast.

Good stuff! I made a nice shooting bench too. Whistle pig blasting.

4504_98738021102_665862_n.jpg

Nice, I found a plan that used table legs just like that. The legs were supposedly available from Harbor Freight... but I never located any. Nice range too!

Nice, I found a plan that used table legs just like that. The legs were supposedly available from Harbor Freight... but I never located any. Nice range too!

I grabbed new ones at Home Depot, made my dad a table too. That was in north Idaho on a fun camping trip! You just cant bring enough ammo for a trip like that. haha.

Other fun

[video=youtube;fGxivpupZvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGxivpupZvM[/video]

[video=youtube;_4oqiR0Iifo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4oqiR0Iifo[/video]

'Merica.png

Not a real weapon, but it's truly a gun AND rocket. It has a Gatling gun, flame thrower, and rocket launcher. Great for celebrating the independence....

[video=youtube;nT1FN6K9pD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1FN6K9pD8[/video]

Speaking of Crosman, here is my Marauder on my scratch built "Rugged Buddy Shooting Bench"

IMG_8647_zpsnvrphnqk.jpg

IMG_8646_zps51ll0od1.jpg

Very nice piece of kit there, Dragon. Pretty sure I want one of those Marauders, too. The shooting bench is simple and functional...need to make one them, too.

Here's a link to the Rugged Buddy Folding Sawhorse Legs website... https://www.ruggedbuddy.com/Rugged-Buddy-Sawhorse.html for anyone else considering this project.

In that there is no scuba tank in the picture I'm assuming you can get a fair number of shots without having to recharge?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back