GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my 56mm Recoiless Golf Ball Launcher.

[video=youtube;RhBhBrBMfVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhBhBrBMfVY[/video]

cool, I made a canon, bored it to fit golf balls, but they go so fast you never see them.

Hand canon I have
[video=youtube;h1wo0cQahsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1wo0cQahsc[/video]

cool, I made a canon, bored it to fit golf balls, but they go so fast you never see them.

Hand canon I have
[video=youtube;h1wo0cQahsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1wo0cQahsc[/video]

Ouch! I'll bet that is rough on the wrist.
I made the mistake of firing a S&W 916 Pump 12ga. with a 3" Slug one handed to "Be Cool" once. Nearly injured myself, but learned a valuable lesson.

Very nice piece of kit there, Dragon. Pretty sure I want one of those Marauders, too. The shooting bench is simple and functional...need to make one them, too.

Here's a link to the Rugged Buddy Folding Sawhorse Legs website... https://www.ruggedbuddy.com/Rugged-Buddy-Sawhorse.html for anyone else considering this project.

In that there is no scuba tank in the picture I'm assuming you can get a fair number of shots without having to recharge?

I have yet to install the new regulator I have, but once installed, and I have the rifle tuned, I will get between 100 and 120 shots at sub 12fpe. The scuba stays out of the sun unless I am taking it to get it filled. Thanks for the kudos on the bench. I bought the leg kit in 2012, and it was not until this Fathers Day that I felt it was time to complete the project. Here is a shot of the table under my 03A3...

IMG_8648_zpsq4lphl6m.jpg

IMG_8650_zps1kdcbnyw.jpg

This looks like it would make for a seriously fun and affordable SBR. Especially if they legalize Suppressors here in my State. There is pending legislation which looks like it has a chance to pass.
If it does, I'm getting this and tricking it out. It's pretty easy here to get you're local Chief LEO to do your prints and sign your Form 1.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/beretta-arx160-22lr-pistol.html#.VZg-NUa5WSo

My 34" Rugged Buddy saw horse legs will arrive tomorrow according to Amazon. They were on sale for $35 so I couldn't pass up the deal.

Last edited:
My 34" Rugged Buddy saw horse legs will arrive tomorrow according to Amazon. They were on sale for $35 so I couldn't pass up the deal.

I did a little barrel work on my Marauder this morning, and when it quite raining I put the rifle on the Rugged Buddy bench to see how she does... the bench is still working great... but that Crosman barrel is a waste of steel!

I did a little barrel work on my Marauder this morning, and when it quite raining I put the rifle on the Rugged Buddy bench to see how she does... the bench is still working great... but that Crosman barrel is a waste of steel!

I know the 2400 KT has a Lothar Walther barrel for an expensive up-grade but I don't know of anything for the Marauder, maybe aftermarket...

Last edited:
Here's the only remaining Pic' I have of my AR Pistol,(07'). Boy, that was a fun one, and I'de like to build another some day.
It was fun because I put a 1.5-4 shotgun scope on it, and I could zap clay pidgeons on the 100 meter birm all day long with it.
A lot of ranges around here were built by Italians that came over to work in the Granite Industry and are in meters instead of yards.
Sadly, I needed money and one of my friends wanted it real bad so I sold it to him.
If I ever build another I'll get that Sig "Arm Brace" Stock for it.

REDSQUIRREL009 by Dave Holmes, on Flickr

My Rugged Buddy saw horse leg set arrived last Sunday but I haven't started working on the shooting bench top yet. Need to rummage through the plywood sheets on my mobile lumber rack to find something suitable.

Just got back from the range, brought out my Glock 34 Gen 4 and S&W 586.I would have stayed longer ,but I ran out of ammo........again !! LOL

Paul T

Went Tuesday to the quarry and celebrated the 2nd amendment. 500 or so rounds, lots of paper with holes in it and a very sore shoulder. 30 rounds through a 50 cal BP = hurts.

Sodmeister sighting! Sodmeister sighting!

Glad to see you back posting, Paul.

But is it him or his brother?
He appeared in one of my threads, but admitted that he is not even always him on his screen name.

But is it him or his brother?
He appeared in one of my threads, but admitted that he is not even always him on his screen name.

It`s me it`s me.......it`s always me ! My brother has only been on the forums 3 or 4 times ,back when he opened this account ,but has not posted under Sodmeister since then.I think he has a new account,but i`m not sure what name he uses ,or if he even posts.

We are also very active in shooting ,pretty much eveything that has a trigger.We plan on heading to the range tomorrow morning ,he`ll probably bring his Beretta 96A1 and Taurus .44 mag.I`m taking my Ruger GP101 6" BBL SS ..357 mag and my CORE AR15 M4 and maybe my S&W MP 9mm.

I should probably go and do some ammo shopping today and load up !

Take care

Paul T

We are both still very active in rocketry ,and have flown 5 times so far ,and plan a launch in two weeks.

I try to stop in when I can ,but it is rocket season and like to get in plenty of range time when I can.

I`ll always be around the old forums ,I can`t stay away !

You take care old dude !!

Paul T

Been target shooting since I was 6. 47 years later, I enjoy shooting in the 800 yd neighborhood with my FNAR. Our INS forum holds several events where the members get together for the weekend to shoot guns and BS. Here's a video of our 2012 event:

[video=youtube;G6tHYnECuUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6tHYnECuUs[/video]

I still chuckle whenever I see a Dodge Neon.

Last edited:
Been target shooting since I was 6. 47 years later, I enjoy shooting in the 800 yd neighborhood with my FNAR. Our INS forum holds several events where the members get together for the weekend to shoot guns and BS. Here's a video of our 2012 event:

[video=youtube;G6tHYnECuUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6tHYnECuUs[/video]

I still chuckle whenever I see a Dodge Neon.

Nice selection of classics :cool: BAR, Grease Gun, Thompson M1 :D I am partial to the 1928 or the 1928 A1. Yes I know the argument against the "Blish Lock", but I still like the 28 :tongue:

Nice selection of classics :cool: BAR, Grease Gun, Thompson M1 :D I am partial to the 1928 or the 1928 A1. Yes I know the argument against the "Blish Lock", but I still like the 28 :tongue:

Indeed there were many WWII veterans there. The Auto Ordinance was heavier and far more controllable than I expected. Still the "Grease Gun" was my favorite. OK, that and vaporizing the Neon.

I miss shooting full auto. My AR needs a fun switch.
Here is the last time I got the shoot full auto. It was at the Red Jacket birthday bash for there now incarcerated owner.

[YOUTUBE]InknuganKSA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Pqvg4uQE8F0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]CG8fznIGnBs[/YOUTUBE]

If you ever get a chance to go to one of the machine gun shoots I highly recommend it. Fun, fun, fun!

Last edited:
Assembled a stripped lower a couple weeks ago... Did it with no tools made for putting it together... My lesson was to invest in tools made for putting them together....

Assembled a stripped lower a couple weeks ago... Did it with no tools made for putting it together... My lesson was to invest in tools made for putting them together....

Doesnt take much, couple different size punches, hammer, allen, etc.

I got a shell stuck in a reloading die.. it sheared the rim off when I tried to withdraw the press. No idea why but no matter what I did, including actually cutting the case in half lengthwise would get it to budge. Could it have actually welded to the die?

Back