GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little test

https://youtu.be/JZcdRiSrM6I

Even I have to ask myself, who needs one of these.......

Noise making junk. Let's see him hit anything shooting like that.

I have an old, very old, video tape called "Firearms and Fire Power" that adequately demonstrates the difference between automatic and semi-auto fire. Professional shooter puts a 30 rd mag in an FN-FAL, there are 5 targets ranging from 7 to 40 yards, he points, fires, sweeping the targets... One borderline hit. If the guy was wearing a thick jacket, it was a miss. He then puts a 5 rd mag in, switches to semi-, and in 5 seconds, 5 kills.

You can leave the bump-stock in its box.

Noise making junk. Let's see him hit anything shooting like that.

I have an old, very old, video tape called "Firearms and Fire Power" that adequately demonstrates the difference between automatic and semi-auto fire. Professional shooter puts a 30 rd mag in an FN-FAL, there are 5 targets ranging from 7 to 40 yards, he points, fires, sweeping the targets... One borderline hit. If the guy was wearing a thick jacket, it was a miss. He then puts a 5 rd mag in, switches to semi-, and in 5 seconds, 5 kills.

You can leave the bump-stock in its box.

Thank you,,
I generally don't like to make my opinion public on a topic like this that can become hot...
I have been pro 2nd amendment my whole life.. I have always loved target shooting and hunting..
The first thing I was ever taught about a gun is that it is extremely efficient at taking life..
The second thing I was taught is that if you don't touch it, it won't do anything,,
the responsibility lies with the person who's hands the gun is in...
I am so grateful to my father for this..
I also consider myself a reasonable, nice person..
I don't need government or laws to tell me the difference between right and wrong..
However,,
This bump stock thing is crazy..
There is only one reason I can see for this thing..
Just in case you want to do what was done in Vegas and can't get a true full auto this is a next best thing...

I have now typed too much..

Why don't people understand the value of human life anymore ??
Maybe it's when you get sick and have your life seriously threatened that makes you understand the value of this,
the greatest gift there could ever be...

Time...

Teddy

I recall an incident at the range one summer. Kid with one of those POS Chinese AK clones stands up, hooks his thumb in his belt loop, loose grip on the stock, finger on the trigger. Pulls forward with the left hand... There goes 10 rounds. Bump-fire!

One second later, the rangemaster snatched that rifle out of that kids hands, and said "You can pick this up on your way out!"

Too funny! When old bald-headed Bill said slow fire, he meant it.

I have no desire to own a bump stock. But I’m concerned about the abuse of any law that prohibits a device that simply makes it easier to pull the trigger faster. Poorly written laws always hurt more than help.

Steve Shannon

I have no desire to own a bump stock. But I’m concerned about the abuse of any law that prohibits a device that simply makes it easier to pull the trigger faster. Poorly written laws always hurt more than help.

Steve Shannon

Exactly. Goodbye to Geiselle, Timney and other match triggers etc.
Bump Fire stocks are prohibited devices in Canada.
The wording of the legislation seems careful but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see it get stretched to charge someone who is good with their trigger control.

Len

Putting a bump stock on my DDM4 would be like putting peanut butter on prime rib. Utterly tasteless and tacky. I have never understood why anyone would want to squander away their advantage in less that a second. Bump stock aside, I get a kick out of some of the things people put on their ARs. Like the guy that put a DBAL on his home defense carbine. I guess he thinks he'll have time to don his NVGs when the friendly intruder comes in.

All I can say is, don’t knock til you try it, cause it is more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!!!

Notice, I didn’t say anything about combat or hitting a target, just good fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Timney. 24 ounces. Crisp, and smooth as silk. Sweet!

As for fun of a bump fire... Different strokes for different folks.

Fun for me... Is putting the second round thru the first hole.

Anyone else on here collect milsurp firearms?

I recently picked up a 1949 Tula SKS and a March 1945 Springfield M1.

IMG_6091.jpg IMG_6093.jpg

Six weeks after procuring them, I still have yet to take them out and see how they preform.

IMG_6158.jpg
a family portrait of my current milsurps and my ARs. More to come this year.

Like the guy that put a DBAL on his home defense carbine. I guess he thinks he'll have time to don his NVGs when the friendly intruder comes in.

Depends on threat environment. An IR laser is useless without a really expensive or self assembled by the book PVS-14. A lot of people will call it a money pit. If you are on Mexico border and criminals are targeting you at night you may call it a wacky necessity. It's only as good as you are and if you have it you better practice with it all. I don't own any of that but I respect the technology for the advantages it provides a trained user either combat vets or law enforcement/company security types. At times when I trained with Fedex security and their range officer instructors were pleading for equipment like AR and NVG because the bad guys were attacking at night. They were responding to full auto AK47 calls with shotguns and Sigs and flashlights during middle of night scenarios, and Memphis wasn't like Mexico bad. It's a massive waste of money until that time you really absolutely need it. They had realized how company management had put their security at a tactical disadvantage proportional to the threats the environment of hostile gangs had created. They were begging for semi auto tactical carbines. They had dumped airweight revolvers for Sig Sauer auto loader handguns but that wasn't enough.

I think people that want to spend that kind of money for looks is stupid. There are practical team security applications. It would allow a team of NVG users to pinpoint a point target at night undetected unless target also had NVG.

I'd put the technology as more helpful than bump fire or binary trigger when properly used in an environment where it's needed. I don't think it's the bump in the night kind of stuff. You don't want on in a house where someone can flick a light switch on and blind you. Sorry to rant.

Anyone else on here collect milsurp firearms.
Dad has a M-1 Garand that fired its real sweet, and a Japanese officer sword bring back from his father's time on Iwo Jima along with a cool news article of how they climbed the hill for the flag raisers. They ate a few grenades on the way up. Stepdad has an FAL. I want to pick up a FEG AP7.65 and a PTR91 GI. I can't make my mind up on which to get first. The FEG attracts me by the PPK look at a tenth of price from classic as maybe a backup CCW.

In real scenarios the targets aren't static like ranges so it's hard to put that into perspective when people want to bad mouth lasers or other gear. A lot of it isn't needed on home defense. For a company security team they don't want to injury workers when a non worker shows up doing wrong. And a IR laser with NVG at night had the ability so everyone with NVG is identifying the right bad guy in a mixture of lots of moving people when coupled to the right optics. You'd really ideally only want a leader of a team with it and a few flashes periodically. People don't stand still when bullets go both ways. So you do numbers drills timed and running drills. Teams like to train with distractions in their work environments too with less lethals, because it's not a game at that point or a joke anymore. So the freaky scary .mil tech has the ability to save innocent lives in these tragedies when gear is provided to professionals. Yet people wanna rant about militarization of police. I'd rather police had NVG...

Timney. 24 ounces. Crisp, and smooth as silk. Sweet!

As for fun of a bump fire... Different strokes for different folks.

Fun for me... Is putting the second round thru the first hole.

Mee Tooooo...

Teddy

Dad has a M-1 Garand that fired its real sweet, and a Japanese officer sword bring back from his father's time on Iwo Jima along with a cool news article of how they climbed the hill for the flag raisers. They ate a few grenades on the way up. Stepdad has an FAL. I want to pick up a FEG AP7.65 and a PTR91 GI. I can't make my mind up on which to get first. The FEG attracts me by the PPK look at a tenth of price from classic as maybe a backup CCW.
I have a couple of Garands - they are a ton of fun to shoot but a bit hard on my shoulder. I also have a collection of WWII era handguns which includes PPKs, PPs, and Lugers. Strangely no P38's. I shoot a few of the PPKs and PPs just to get that James Bond feeling. I also have a variety of other WWII rifles. The early German stuff is generally really nice but the Japanese items are typically very rough. One of my favorite WWII era firearms is an early Polish Radom VIS, considered by many to be the best autoloader of it's time. It's a great shooter.

All my items are bring backs so no import stampings. The Walthers are mostly early so they are very well made and most are in pretty decent condition. I shoot the ones that won't be harmed by a little more wear. I had a lot of uncles who fought and shooting those old firearms and thinking about them keeps it alive for me.

Tony

Until there is a field available local to me fly rockets in, I have decided to try my hand at long range precision shooting. Ruger has this pretty cool Precision Rifle in 308 Win (also in 6mm Creedmoor & 6.5mm Creedmoor): https://ruger.com/products/precisionRifle/models.html

models-top.jpg

Apparently shooting accurately and semi-competitively right out of the box. A shooter only needs to add adequate glass, and you are off to the field to practice fundamentals.

Very, very cool..
Go for the 6.5 Creedmore..
Look up ballistics and cost per before you commit..

Glass is everything..

Teddy

Those Ruger Precision Rifles are pretty hard to come by out here. Especially in the Creedmoor offerings.

Been haunting the local shops for a year or two but no luck yet.

I opted out of the 6.5 Creedmoor due to the fact I will only be shooting 100 - 600 yards... and the 6.5 tends to go through barrels in 1500 - 3000 rounds (so I have read). 308 Win is everywhere and comes in lots of different flavors.

Out to 300 yards the 6PPC is the most accurate cartridge know to man.
Not many factory rifles chambered in that one though, a few but not many. IIRC Ruger and Remington at one time offered them in the models 700 and 77 both varmint weight guns.

Very, very cool..
Go for the 6.5 Creedmore..
Look up ballistics and cost per before you commit..

Glass is everything..

Teddy
Heard Springfield rechambered an M1a in the round. It has very low drag bullets and a lot of range. I'd recommend buy reloading dies and a cheap press it'll pay for itself by halfing your round costs. You can get 6-10 reloads a casing. Or if your frugal like stepdad, he reloads till the brass splits on all NATO junk calibers. 7.62 NATO holds the edge slightly in price on bulk buys the surplus crate and common big box store commonality around the globe if that matters.
You can even fill cases with water to hydraulically blow out Bredan primers though they take a bit of work to make more reloader friendly. Most people assume Bredan is junk but if frugal you can make it work for cheap.

Back