What's with this PayPal only B.S.!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Heres the deal,Im looking for a BLUE 16"-18" nylon chute for me UnderDog (AKA Big Daddy).
And while I'm at it,order some others.
Well now,seems some people only accept payment by PayPal.
I has me some of those Gift Credit Cards that are just burning a hole in me pocket....
So, I guess they dont get the Dogs business.
piss.gif
on them!!

EDIT: This is a small lesson of self humiliation.

Last edited:
Why can't you use the gift cards with paypal? That shouldn't be a problem.

If you can't use the gift cards, you could always shuffle your method of payment. Buy groceries with the gift cards and just use your regular funds to buy the chute.

Why can't you use the gift cards with paypal? That shouldn't be a problem.

OK, my BAD, I'm a dumbass,to quick on the trigger,eat crow ,spank me,and all that jazz.

Thanks..I didnt go thru all the motions. :duck:
Chutes are ordered.
Nice to know I can us them (cards) Now its spend ,spend, spend!

Last edited:
EDIT: This is a small lesson of self humiliation.

I, for one, appreciate your help informing others that you can choose to pay with a credit card (and don't need a PayPal account) to shop at online merchants that use PayPal as a payment processor! :)

-- Roger

OK, my BAD, I'm a dumbass,to quick on the trigger,eat crow ,spank me,and all that jazz.

Thanks..I didnt go thru all the motions. :duck:
Chutes are ordered.
Nice to know I can us them (cards) Now its spend ,spend, spend!

guess you can teach an old dog new tricks..

I give up, whats wrong with Paypal?

Scotty Dog wanted to use a gift credit card to make the payment and didn't realize until later that you can use a credit card to pay for a purchase through PayPal.

-- Roger

My observation.... I might be wrong.....

There was a time when you could check out on a vendor/Ebay that used Paypal for their payments to select to not login into Paypal... just use their credit card/Debit/etc option and checkout.

Now they force a login to Paypal to check out... then the default (trick) is now Paypal Credit (use be Bill me Later) in past they want to grab at your checking account.

I starting to not to like their business model.

PayPal gives you the option of logging in or paying with a credit card.

Just click the "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card" button.

-- Roger

Last edited:
My observation.... I might be wrong.....

There was a time when you could check out on a vendor/Ebay that used Paypal for their payments to select to not login into Paypal... just use their credit card/Debit/etc option and checkout.

Now they force a login to Paypal to check out... then the default (trick) is now Paypal Credit (use be Bill me Later) in past they want to grab at your checking account.

I starting to not to like their business model.
Dont know about Ebay sellers. I placed an order with Rocketchutes. I went thru the motions and selected master card and put in the #s and it was a done deal. No login reguired. PAYPAL processed it,but again ,no login.

Paypal is great because it's almost universally accepted. I would much rather have one entity with my CC info than several. It's much safer, and if something does happen, I know who to go after.

Back