Need a Rocket Motor for that "Really Big" Upscale?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap. Too bad we do not have a budget for those motors.

Yes, but do they offer a spacer system? That way I can fly H through ZZZ impulse in a single case.

Yes, but do they offer a spacer system? That way I can fly H through ZZZ impulse in a single case.

Well the original Shuttle SRB was a 4G so it would be easy to downsize to 3G, 2G or 1G. The Constellation Upscale was to be a 5G or possible a 5.5G version so I would believe is might be possible.

The real kicker is the shipping costs however. Shipping weight is about 300,000 pounds per grain, and rail/ship is the only option.

Bob :dark:

I wonder how much the hazmat fee be? I don't think it will fit in my PO Box, let again the post office. Too bad. I can always dream.

I'm thinking huge upscale Deuce...

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I work for ATK and took a tour of the rocket plants this summer. You should see the size of the propellant mixer, it's like a blender the size of a house. Holy crap!

Plus I get to go see the static test of the SLS booster this fall! Woot!

Well the original Shuttle SRB was a 4G so it would be easy to downsize to 3G, 2G or 1G. The Constellation Upscale was to be a 5G or possible a 5.5G version so I would believe is might be possible.

The real kicker is the shipping costs however. Shipping weight is about 300,000 pounds per grain, and rail/ship is the only option.

Bob :dark:

That would be pyrobob's problem. He's my on field motor dealer.

Back