The Rocket Pasture is ready!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBrown

Phoenix Driver
Reaction score
Folks,

I just got back in town having been down on the range for "Set-up Sunday".

The pasture is all perfectly mowed, all of the surrounding fields are plowed and there is even new gravel on the driveway that will help immensely in keeping the dust down. All in all, I can't remember a time that the Argonia launch site was in better shape to fly rockets!

If the long range forecasts hold, we are looking at highs in the 80's with lows in the 60's. The winds are predicted to be much lower than normal.

If you have ever thought about flying with us, now's the time. Come join us for four days over the Labor Day weekend! Conditions have never been better!

Bob Brown

I've been chomping at the bit for a month now. Looks like the weather will be much cooler then the past couple years.

Dangit Bob, I have been having a hard enough time focusing at work. Great temps., low winds, and a freshly mowed pasture!!! I can barely contain myself, really looking forward to getting on the road EARLY Thursday morning and seeing everyone there!

Also, a BIG THANKS to all who have helped/are helping make this event possible :w:

Pretty excited for this launch!

I will be there Friday night to set up my big launch pad, and Team Prometheus should be ready to let a P motor hit the ground on Saturday.

See you all there!

Manny

I have something for you. :grin:

Uh oh :shock:

I'm going to guess that it either has something to do with toilet paper or that other university located in the great state of Iowa. Maybe, it's Hawkeye toilet paper :puke:

Uh oh :shock:

I'm going to guess that it either has something to do with toilet paper or that other university located in the great state of Iowa. Maybe, it's Hawkeye toilet paper :puke:

What "EVER" happens between you "TWO" stays in the pasture...;) BUT, and...it's a BIG BUT...IF things get out of hand i may have to pull one of you two out by your legs. :lol:

Now play nice. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye toilet paper is red & gold, because anything with those two colors is only useful for that application. :grin:

-Kevin

I have to echo Bob's sentiments.

I don’t recall ever leaving the Rocket Pasture on Set-up Sunday with it looking better and with such a huge feeling of accomplishment. We had a great crew and all went about their business and we were done by about 1:00PM. It was great.

Thank you all very much! The Rocket Pasture looks great and ready to welcome our Rocket Friends for AIRFest XX.

--Lance.

Starting the trip from New Jersey tomorrow morning. Anybody else staying at the Harper Motel?

I'll be down the street in Harper at the Cobblestone Inn, hopefully I won't need that ladder lol.

Thanks to those of you doing the setup work -- I've been there during setup once, and it was for a lot smaller launch. It's a tremendous amount of work that these guys put in. Then, when we're all heading home, the KLOUDBusters are spending yet more time packing up and putting it all away.

-Kevin

Friday looks a bit wet, but Sat, Sun, and Monday looks beautiful

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Friday looks a bit wet, but Sat, Sun, and Monday looks beautiful

Please Note: In case of rain, access the Rocket Pasture north on Eden Rd. (1 mile east of Argonia Rd.) from K-44 highway.

Watch for an update on set-up after noon on Thursday. I will try to post to the KloudBusters e-group, the KloudBusters web-site and RP if I can access it from my phone.

Back