Aerotech Initiator with New Paint Job

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neilw

Simulates with KSP
Reaction score
Hey,

The Aerotech Initiator is a pretty standard and easy to build kit, so I decided to jazz it up a bit with this new paint job:

CQF_Atelier_Conc_049.jpg

The structure itself is unaltered and it has already flown twice (and now needs some repairs :p)

Unfortunately, the second flight removed a launch lug. I'm in the process of patching it up but I doubt it'll look this nice again :p

Unfortunately, the second flight removed a launch lug. I'm in the process of patching it up but I doubt it'll look this nice again :p

They never do! I've got some that have been refinished 2 or 3 times and one that's been flying in it's original paint for 11 years. A new rocket is pretty, but a flown rocket has character!

Sorry I can't post pics, but both of mine have ACME rail guides. You can literally cut them in half and epoxy them on the outside for an almost bullet proof installation. Down side is you need a rail.

Sorry I can't post pics, but both of mine have ACME rail guides. You can literally cut them in half and epoxy them on the outside for an almost bullet proof installation. Down side is you need a rail.

Can you send a link for where I can get those? The club that I do launches with provides rails so that might be worth it for me. In retrospect, I should have done something like that in the first place. Some of the senior guys at the launches told me that lugs on higher power rockets are bad news. :p

Back