How many club launches per year?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you fly at club launches?

• Zero

• 1 to 2

• 3 to 5

• 6 to 8

• 8 to 12

• 13 to 16

• 17 to 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
Poll question:

I'm interested in how often folks do the club launch thing. Don't worry about being exact - the thing I'm interested in is what's "normal" or "average" for folks. Think about it in terms of how often you attend club launches as an average over the last bunch of years. Or in a given "normal" year, how many group/club launches do you fly at?

"Club Launches" can be defined as local, regional, or national events. Anything that is an NAR or TRA sanctioned event. Could be your regular local club's "3rd Saturday of the month" gig, or LDRS, or BONG, or whatever. It would not include you and a couple buddies just getting together to fly in the park some weekend day. I'm also not including solo flying. This is about regularly scheduled, formal events.

So, what is it for you? How many club/group launches do you attend in a year?

thanks for participating, s6

I try to attend all of them even if I have nothing to launch. The people are so nice that it 's still a good time just chatting and watching

MDRA launches monthly, and NARHAMS launches monthly, but usually on the same day. :( I try to get to one a month, but sometimes just can't.

However, MDRA launches are neither NAR nor TRA sanctioned. So do they count? ;)

Yes, to clarify - events like CAP and MDRA launches count. I guess it should be thought of as "regular/club/group/sanctioned/scheduled type events" as opposed to just flying on your own or just with family/friends whenever.

thanks for participating so far.
s6

WOOSH annually schedules 33 launches, 24 low power and 9 high power. I might get to more than 16 of them each year but I don't keep track.

SEVRA has 30 launches scheduled during the year, 24 NAR and 6 TRA Research Launches. I try to go to most of them.

Due to the weather conditions here in California (no rain except on launch dates) I've only attended 3 launches so far this year. In a normal rainfall year that number would be about 10 by now.

Last year I hit 3, this year, I have hit 2 and am doing a 3rd this weekend. Planning on #4 in Nov with Civil Air Patrol.

Of course I'd like to do more, but I try to get out to every other launch. Works out to about 4-5 a year.

I get out once a month or so. I've missed a couple in the winter, but our club often has bonus launches in the summer. So about 12 give it take one or two

Club launches are always Saturdays and Sundays. I work Sundays and I have two (last year we had three) kids in high school. Every Saturday is band something, or cross country, or soccer, or church youth group, or.... you get the idea. Between that and distance, and family events, I get to a launch maybe once or twice every year. Some years, NARAM is the only launch I get to.

Hi! I like to try and make about 3-4 launches a year. Our club puts on 2 large launches a year (ROCstock), and I try to make those, but didn't make the June one, or last Novememver, due to health issues. I do plan to make up for lost time the rest of the year.:) Phil L.

KLOUDBusters has 10 scheduled launches each year. That is every month except May and June (due to crops).

One event is four days and three others are two days. That makes a total of about 16 launch days per year. I don't miss many. I don't fly at every one.

--Lance.

Locally for CRASH two times a month and we have had good weather. COSROCS at Peyton least a couple of times. Tripoli Colorado at Hartsel (South Park) at least once. NCR - at least Mile High Mayhem or Oktoberfest. SCORE for NARAM or Chili Blaster. That easily puts me over twenty a year. Thank goodness for Hobby Lobby 40% coupons!

Back