Is your wife a biker babe?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Sandy just walked out the door and is on her way to NHs' motorcycle riders course.
Fridaynight was class 6pm-9pm.
Today is mostly "hands on" training.(she better keep her hands on..:y:)
Tomorrow is split, more hands on and they take the rider test and finish with a written test.
I took this course maybe 5 years ago. By the time its all over and done with,you are pretty much worn out.
If you knew Sandy,you would know this is a HUGE step for her and Im so PROUD that she's giving it a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any others have wifes/girlfriends that ride?

OH ya, I told her,"If you pass,I will buy you a motorcycle". GOT COIN ? :lol:

Last edited:
Well no, but here is one well-known blonde that rides...

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1408811566.417448.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Scotty , its alot better for her to ride her own bike , then be a backpack.

Eric

I'm not so sure about that. I have seen three different couples where the woman has little riding experience and decided to ride her own Harley. One was killed in a gruesome collision with a truck when she rounded a corner too fast and entered the truck's lane . . . nearly decapitated her. The other two were lucky and ended up with nasty cases of road rash. All three decided never to ride again . . . not even as a passenger.

I hope your wife has had previous experience on motorcycles and never encounters a moment of indecision and freezes. Keep the rubber on the road and your knees in the breeze and may everything come up smelling like roses.

I hope your wife has had previous experience on motorcycles and never encounters a moment of indecision and freezes. Keep the rubber on the road and your knees in the breeze and may everything come up smelling like roses.
Almost sounds like you dont think women should be riding motorycles.
I had NO experience when I started. As did everyone else that rides.
There is a reason shes taking the TRAINING COURSE.
Its going to be a slow and easy start. Shes not going to be jumping on a bagger anytime soon. Or a ninja super rocket.
We have been looking at Yamaha 650 V Stars. Nice low bike, not to heavy,low CG, but has enough power to get you out of the way.
Yo,speaking of experience,I know men that have been riding all there lifes and still dont get that not wearing a helmet is as dumb of a move anyone can make riding a motorcycle.
Sorrry to sound a bit rash,but Im not into people that discourage others from trying new things.
I understand your concern see what you have seen,however, one cant live in a bubble cause of others misfortunes.

Last edited:
Mine is. I Don't worry so much about it :) Ride within your limits, and know your bike.... Same rules no matter who you are.
7443787408_1abffffcf2.jpg
7444015590_7451bc069d.jpg

7443926368_eb6c8e032d.jpg
7461916024_df240f21da.jpg

And we have a WINNER!!!!! :wave: Reduce your risk=#1

I find it funny.... My wife took the MSF course, spent hours practicing, and rebuilt two bikes on her own. I walked into a HD dealer and handed them ten grand, and rode out on a bike.

No one thinks twice when they find out I ride....but "OH MY GOD YOUR WIFE RIDES???? MOTORCYCLES?!?! don't you worry about her!!??!?!?!"

She PASSED! The course that is.
I officialy have a biker babe wife.
Congratulation Sandy...:wave:

And when are YOU going to take the same course again? I take it every 5 years. One forgets some of the basics and needs refreshing.

Congrats to your wife and you. too! What ever you can find to do together just makes life more fun. Enjoy the road trips!
Many times I've walked out of the house with helmet in hand,and then hearing "Well, have fun" in a somewhat "wish I could go tone of a voice".
Yes,this is GREAT that WE can go for rides now.(it will be awhile yet,still need a bike and she knows shes no expert at this time and isnt ready for city riding)
She also supports my rocketry and attends launches. How I got so lucky to get women like her,I'll never know....:grin:

And when are YOU going to take the same course again? I take it every 5 years. One forgets some of the basics and needs refreshing.
What they recommend for someone that has a few years riding under there belt is to take the "Advanced Rider Course".
Im a BAB..Born Again Biker...ha ha ha. I've been riding about 5-6 years now.Road back in my 20s when you could buy bikes $100s not $1000s.

you can still get (probably those same) bikes for hundreds. You just better have thousands in tools :)

My wife would, but she is short and would have to have a Trike with modified controls. We have talked about getting a pair of Trikes.

Latest posts

Back