FSI is Back

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bgoddard

Reaction score
Just have to say who I am. I'm Blake Goddard and I'm in charge of IT and Marketing for Flight Systems Inc. Dave Lucas and Dave Bucher are the primary partners, I'm earning my way in through sweat equity. To that end, I wanted to let ya'll know we've got a new website up: www.flywithfsi.com.

Check out our Products page for a promotion we currently have going on.

All your old favorites will be back: BBII, OSO, Megatron, Nova, Viking III, IV, etc. Come check us out!

Sounds very cool and exciting.

Also some GOOD news for once concerning a rocketry company/supplier. We've been having way too many fine vendors close up shop or seriously scale back of late (for all kinds of reasons) - Stickershock, Baddazz, What's Up, Semroc, et. all - not to mention the loss of the Adept22, Q2G2s, etc.

The REBIRTH of FSI is good news indeed. Looking forward to it.

s6

If you are looking for corrections, Please remove the "dash" between the letter and average thrust number of the motors on this page since the only number after a dash is the delay time:
https://www.flywithfsi.com/about.html

Also, IIRC, the E60 did not appear until sometime in the 1970's around the same time as the D20 was introduced.

Just have to say who I am. I'm Blake Goddard and I'm in charge of IT and Marketing for Flight Systems Inc. Dave Lucas and Dave Bucher are the primary partners, I'm earning my way in through sweat equity. To that end, I wanted to let ya'll know we've got a new website up: www.flywithfsi.com.

All your old favorites will be back: BBII, OSO, Megatron, Nova, Viking III, IV, etc. Come check us out!

I flew with Dave Lucas back in the day..he set a National record and lost the original G-Force !

We are eagerly awaiting a MachOne Dart!

Kenny

Can't help but chuckle at a rocket vendor named "Goddard." :clap:

If you are looking for corrections, Please remove the "dash" between the letter and average thrust number of the motors on this page since the only number after a dash is the delay time:
https://www.flywithfsi.com/about.html

Also, IIRC, the E60 did not appear until sometime in the 1970's around the same time as the D20 was introduced.

Another suggestion -- categorize your web site. Where I work, uncategorized sites are blocked, and since I do most of my Internet time at work, I will not be able to buy from you.

Another suggestion -- categorize your web site. Where I work, uncategorized sites are blocked, and since I do most of my Internet time at work, I will not be able to buy from you.

Actually, the categorization doesn't typically happen with the website, it is categorized by the service your IT department subscribes to. If this website went online recently, and it sure looks like it did, I am pretty sure that "they" have not had a chance to categorize it. If it was up to the website owner to categorize their site nothing would ever be blacklisted (you know, fox guarding the hen house).

However, to your point, you CAN request to have a site categorized and that request has been submitted.

...back to your regularly scheduled content.

I purchased two new-old stock FSI kits at NARAM-56. They are the Sprint and Nova.

I look forward to further offerings from the 'new' FSI. :cool:

NARAM-56-901 FSI kits front.jpg NARAM-56-902 FSI kits back.jpg

However, to your point, you CAN request to have a site categorized and that request has been submitted.

...back to your regularly scheduled content.

Yea, I just submitted it to McAfee as both "merchant" and "recreation/hobbies"

Thanks for the response guys. Remember this is just the initial page. We're still getting the products up and trying to make sure the purchasing is all done right.

The F100 motor was made under the 21mm standard. We will be making new engines, however we'll be making more along the 24mm standard AND composite single use motors as well.

and yes I'm distantly related to that Dr. Goddard. my family came down from Mass. to Oklahoma during the land run.

and all three of us are national record holders now within this last year.

20/alt T A Alt 186 m 6/1/14 KC Monkeys Tm A3-4T Estes

20/alt C A Alt 135 m 6/1/14 Dave Lucas A6-4 Quest

Last edited:
The F100 motor was made under the 21mm standard. We will be making new engines, however we'll be making more along the 24mm standard AND composite single use motors as well.
F100's, F7's, and E60's were 27 mm, E5's and the D's were 21 mm.

I hope this goes well!! Grabbed one of the NOS Oso kits at NARAM (changed to have 24mm mount). Dave Lucas is a former DART San Diegan - wishing you guys all the best. Maybe someday we'll see long burn BP motors again :dark::duck:

I think there is one more guy.

I was about to ask! LOL (I guess no one really listened to the NARAM vendor presentations).
I assume we can expect to see some really interesting mid-power or perhaps even some high-power designs?
Start designing, looking forward to see the results of your efforts.

Last edited:
I still have a package of three F100-8's and a package of three E60-6's
They have a mfg. date of Oct 1994 and Nov 1994 respectively

FSI-F100-8_1994.jpg

This is very exciting, especially to hear that motors are in the works. Would love to see new big BP motors.

Well, No Shrox designs from FSI for you.

Oh, that makes sense if you are Designing for FSI, but that was never made clear, so I just assumed you were jumping in to plug your own stuff.
Sorry.

Back