FSI is Back

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was digging around in my basement through some very old boxes, and look what I found !
img001s.jpg

Opening up, you find this:
img002s.jpg

Cool stuff! Back in the days when the catalogs had lots of good info in them.

Cant wait.
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Necro'ing this thread- is FSI still coming back? The website hasn't been updated in a year, and I haven't seen much about it elsewhere.

I've seen some Facebook posts from the buyer. Slow, but steady process. That or he has a lot of stuff to use from the purchase.

Based on the posts, I think if it comes back it will be SU APCP motors as BP are tough to get through all the red tape.

Any updates on the revival of Flight Systems Inc?

Like everyone else, I would love to see FSI selling rockets and motors again!

The fellow who bought the company and its assets passed away rather unexpectedly a few years ago.

Disposition of the FSI name and assets is unknown.

There were two partners who were working on a comeback. One died unexpectedly in his sleep. The other has been infrequently posting on Facebook. He posted in Nov. 2018 that he obtained new financing and is "getting ready to go". Nothing.
Another posting a year later in Dec. 2019 where he says he might have a couple of kit runs at the first of the year. Also nothing.
Then a posting in March showing a vintage kit. No explanation of what happened to the supposed kit runs in the beginning of 2020. So don't hold your breath. You might be mistaken for a smurf.
https://www.facebook.com/Flight-Systems-Inc-175820312460500/

I was digging around in my basement through some very old boxes, and look what I found !
View attachment 184765

Opening up, you find this:
View attachment 184766

Cool stuff! Back in the days when the catalogs had lots of good info in them.
This is what happens when you are and old fart and lived in the Kansas City area. I went digging through my motor collection and look what I found. I don’t think the B3-3 went into production but I could be wrong. The Thunderbolt F32-10 definitely did not go into production.

Attachments

• C2C9649D-FD99-42D6-B62A-F595594C6336.jpeg
    C2C9649D-FD99-42D6-B62A-F595594C6336.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 22E23156-2AD0-43B2-A0D5-60FE2368A554.jpeg
    22E23156-2AD0-43B2-A0D5-60FE2368A554.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 40
At least some T-bolts got let out of the coop, I have one somewhere but don't remember the circumstances of how I got it. They were certainly intended for production - when the late Dave Bucher got the assets of FSI, there was a large number of Thunderbolt casings. I also saw several of them flown at NARAMs, some by Lonnie Reese himself.

Back