Finally coming back from the edge of oblivion.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Hear ye! Hear ye!
Let it be known that on August 26th, I will be leaving the sweat-hole job I have suffered for the last 6 months and will be resuming my career with the State at ADEQ. No more working weekends, nights, holidays, or rotating shifts. There is much joy in the house of Pemberton.

We can now bring Pem-Tech back from the verge of oblivion, supply our vendors and even make some of the national/regional events.

Short story long, my lying j*ck-wh*le of a boss ambush fired me from a 12 year career with the State of Arkansas. The only employment I could land quickly was as a lab tech in a manufacturing QC lab, rotating 12 shifts. Bad enough to start with but what the nice lady that hired me didn't tell was that we couldn't bring our phones into the facility. She also didn't tell me I would be crawling over hot bags of product, climbing ladders and such in 100 degree heat. And get this, the facility was surrounded by 10 foot barbwire topped fence and sealed between shifts. We couldn't even go to our cars! Worst of all, she didn't tell me I had to shave my beard off. Found that out the day before starting.
So, everyday for six months I went to work at Auschwitz.
I won't even go into the story of the extreme back pain.

But that nightmare is all behind me now.

Time to dust off my Gold Ballz and earn my L2.

Welcome back to, and your gold ballz. Ah, I mean, ah...glad you're back.

Hooray! Glad to see you're back, Layne. More importantly-glad to hear the gloom has lifted and you can see the sun again. Say Hi to the LLamas for me!

There must be an interesting story regarding your return to your old job as well. In any case, I'm glad things are looking up for you.

Orange Whips all 'round!

I was wondering if you'd been abducted by aliens. Glad to know you were safe and sound in a concentration camp.

Its amazing that you are still sane after what you have endured. between the split,movers crushing your rockets and,well,I guess I dont need to remind you.
Sure glad you weathered the storms,shows you are a strong-willed man. Good for you!!! :clap:

Last edited:
Its amazing that your still sane after what you have endured. between the split,movers crushing your rockets and,well,I guess I dont need to remind you.
Sure glad you weathered the storms,shows you are a strong-willed man. Good for you!!! :clap:
I wuz gonna remind him about having to load the freezer with ice, but it sounded like his job sucked more....still glad he's back!

Back