• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lookin for free power level 1 rocket thats needs work Good for winter work. pictures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildbill126

Reaction score
Lookin for a junk rocket that needs work i love building. built rc planes out of trash an make them fly :) Im in Ohio Its hard for me at Times Im on disabity i do have troubles reading an spelling do to a dirtbike wreck.

Last edited:
Hey Im really sorry If you guys have troubles understanding me i have ld an learning troubles Im just trying to injoy this hobby thats all Im new here sorry :(

wildbill -

Are you meaning to use this rocket to certify as Lvl. 1 (to legally buy and fly larger motors), or are you looking for Skill Level 1 (Beginners) rockets? There's a large difference!!

wildbill -

Are you meaning to use this rocket to certify as Lvl. 1 (to legally buy and fly larger motors), or are you looking for Skill Level 1 (Beginners) rockets? There's a large difference!!

I Got the g force cheetha an mirage i Was lookin for h an up the next step up from g motors

For H and above you have to build the kit or scratch build . You have to cert on that rocket build it fly and recover it . Now you can build something quick and cheap . Goggle Larry brand his tube fin rocket . And use the nose cone from one of your other rockets like the G force . Get a few loc 4" air frames about $10.00. Two center rings for that size 29 or 38mm and a single use motor . Total can be $60.00

If I remember correctly, those can all be built to handle Lvl. 1 rocket motors. In order to certify Lvl. 1, however, you have to be a member of either TRA or NAR, build the rocket yourself. I copied the paragraph from the NAR website for you here. Follow the link for all of the certification requirements for NAR.

See: The member attempting certification must build the rocket that they wish to use for their certification attempt. The model may be either scratch built or a kit and the rocket must be contructed in such a manner that it will perform safely under the additional stress of an HPR motor. Teams attempting to certify cannot use the same rocket, but rather are required to each build their own model. In addition, the member must use an active recovery system for their certification attempt, which usually includes parachute recovery; details of these recovery methods are described in the Definition of Active Recovery.

National Association of Rocketry
https://www.nar.org/high-power-rocketry-info/level-1-hpr-certification/

Tripoli Rocketry Association
https://www.tripoli.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=KFR2HOyfPfo=&tabid=132

The one you choose to become a member of should be determined by the clubs in your area!

For H and above you have to build the kit or scratch build . You have to cert on that rocket build it fly and recover it . Now you can build something quick and cheap . Goggle Larry brand his tube fin rocket . And use the nose cone from one of your other rockets like the G force . Get a few loc 4" air frames about $10.00. Two center rings for that size 29 or 38mm and a single use motor . Total can be $60.00

First, I suspect you could convince a prefect that a completely rebuilt rocket is allowable. But I agree with the tube fin idea. I know someone who used mailing tubes to build his level one tube fins rocket. I believe he did it for about $20.00

The other option for a dirt cheap L1 is to do a Crayon Rocket. Toy's R Us sell Crayon Banks (Ralphco or Fantasia). Add some 5 ply and a couple of hole saws and you have yourself centering rings and fins. If you REALLY want to go dirt cheap, then use an old umbrella skin for a chute, and use tubular nylon for the shroud lines and shock cord. The only extra thing you need is a motor mount (29/38/54)

I did this for L1 and it cost me around $20 not including the reload.

Yes the 3" mailing tube fits loc nose cones

I'd recommend a qualification to that statement... Whose 3" mailing tube fits LOC nosecones? USPS? Office Depots? All of them? Trust me I've got a reason for asking.

Thanks!
Jim

I'd recommend a qualification to that statement... Whose 3" mailing tube fits LOC nosecones? USPS? Office Depots? All of them? Trust me I've got a reason for asking.

Thanks!
Jim

You building another seagull killer??

Thanks!
Jim
Hey Jim I think all of them would . If I remember correctly there all made by the same company . But I could be wrong .

It does kinda suck a really cool hobby like this cost money to enjoy. It would make it easier if toilet paper came on motor mount tubes and aluminium foil came on body tubes. I'd be all over Lucky Charms if they came in 3 ply baltic birch boxes!

You building another seagull killer??

No... However...
SmileyHmm.gif

BTW... No animals were harmed in any of my launches. One did however get the shock of its life when an Estes Black Brant II went streaking past it, but no contact was made.

Back