Is this a good price for an Omega/Cineroc?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geezum... I'm no cineroc expert, but.... WOW!:shock::surprised:

Clearly the seller set an insane "buy it now" price in hopes of driving traffic to his listing and then to get someone to make an offer from which he can choose the highest offer. A shady tactic, but apparently legal by eBay's rules. This eliminates risk from the seller in case a straight auction doesn't go as high as he likes AND if there is someone persistent who tenders an offer which is rejected he can potentially get that person to offer even more.

Hmmm... about $1800.00 seems about overkill. Of course if it were mine, I'd be using it in a film project dedicated to it. Maybe I need a gofundme account.

NO! Does old technology EVER really increase in value? I'm still hanging on to a ZIP drive that I was told would increase in value. Anybody need one?

Last edited:
1800.00 Wow!
I have two Cinaroc's, One built and working the other still in the box. I'm fairly certain I still have an Omaga kit in the bag hanging on the board. Never in a million years would I have thought these wonderful relics would be such a treasure LOL!!! Makes me Happy I still have a flight ready combo in the shed.

OBTW it looks like his cinaroc does have the all important film cartridge with it. but 1800 bucks... I'll say it again WOW!

It's just a number until somebody bellies up. Not me, but I'm curious to find out how this goes. I'd say the seller is shrewd player.

I watched as a 1/2 built Omega and Cineroc went for <$640.00 a few weeks ago. This looks to be two mint condition items... I'd say he holds on for $800

This item is still for sale on ebay, now in its 4th or 5th (I lost count) listing since August. For the 2nd or 3rd try, the seller listed it as a standard auction, starting out with a nice low price. There were lots of bidders and it sold for something like $630. Very quickly though it was relisted (said due to non-payment), but with a minimum/starting bid of $750 (as in more than $100 greater than the market had just demonstrated it would pay!). I'm guessing that all was rather a turn-off (I know it was for me) and I don't think it has had a bid since. Oh well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-ESTES-...169274896?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item566b69ac10

I'm not familure totoally of this perticular one.
But what I've seen in past few months, $200 is about tops, unless you are a die hard collector.
The thing that comes to mind is if you can still get film for it.
20 years ago, my then girl friend was going to give me her stip fathers 8mm camera for xmax, until...
They went everywhere in Onterio and everyone said the same thing.
The film is no longer being made!
I guess the VHS was in big swing back then.
Today...I'm guessing is digital on small discs, flash drives or some other media.
As I said, unless you were a die hard collector, I'd check for availability of the film.
I see no use in investing in something that will no increase in value over time.
This, will obvioiusly will not. Only to the 1% of the 1% of collectors.
This guys is reaching for the 6 people in the us like that.
I wish him luck.
Just my opinion.

I've watched this one come up for sale over and over... As much as I'd love to grab it (it is precisely what I need for my short film concept), it is WAY over my budget.

BTW, if anybody has a spare OMEGA 701-K-52 face card (I've got the 701-K-52P face card), or unused fin alignment jig from one, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Back