My new 54mm motors box

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area66

Reaction score
I finally build a solution for my 54mm stuff, a home made wood box

b2_zpsf0f4fe48.jpg

b1_zpsee9a5e40.jpg

b3_zps4ddd3de3.jpg

That is a great idea . Making trays for your motors . And everything is together . Your making a hinged lid for it ?

That is a great idea . Making trays for your motors . And everything is together . Your making a hinged lid for it ?

and a padlock too . At a CAR launch last year a nice member run away with 2 of my altimeters.

We can have a whole thread on launch site security. I have been fortunate to not have had anything walk away from my set up area while away launching and recovering. I suppose there is an honor code among rocketeers. I keep a running inventory of my motors and only have 2 unaccounted for (G71R LMS). They may just be lost in the house but they may have walked while at a launch a few years ago. I do know that I never used them. I suppose single use motors would be attractive since no case is required.

How does everyone else approach launch site security?

At a CAR launch last year a nice member run away with 2 of my altimeters.

Dont forget to put your name on it too. You never know if someone will just take off with it. I can already picture someone looking at the box and thinking in their mind. "There must be loads of treasure in there".

Nice carrying case for your motors. I will have to make me one some day. Not to many motors in my collection yet.

Alexander Solis

Level 1 - Mariah 54 - CTI-I100 Red Lightning Longburn - 6,345 Feet

At our big launches I have my motor box set out . And all rockets flying that weekend is set on there stands and left there unless it's going to rain

Dont forget to put your name on it too. You never know if someone will just take off with it. I can already picture someone looking at the box and thinking in their mind. "There must be loads of treasure in there".

Nice carrying case for your motors. I will have to make me one some day. Not to many motors in my collection yet.

Alexander Solis

And put a GPS tracker in the bottom with a switch to turn it on when picked up . Or better idea a personal alarm

And put a GPS tracker in the bottom with a switch to turn it on when picked up . Or better idea a personal alarm

1g or BP in a latex glove surround with another latex glove finger with orange paint , all link to the cover with a ematch , so I'm gone ID the one .....

My first idea was to link a grenade pin to the cover, I get more soft with age..... back on the topic, I build it with scrap plywood, so the cost was $ 0

Only the ?G XL don't fit in my box, but I plan to put it in my 75mm box, but that's not on the near to do list for now. I need Hybrid Ground Support equipment before.

I will be building something like this . Keep all of motors safe

Lmao aw man image the look on people's faces when you come up to them and say to them. "My GPS led me here lol". Or watching them freak out when the alarm goes off lol.

Alexander Solis

I've taken to storing my smaller motors in a box, as well. It seemed appropriate. :)

image.jpg

Back