AP relapse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmore

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last month when I was at the monthly launch I told myself I was going to wait until it cools off before I go back to another launch well this month launch came up last weekend and I had a relapse for some more AP smell. It was still hot and humid but I got three out of four flights in before the rain moved in. Now I have to wait another month going through withdrawal.:sad:

Yep, monthly withdrawal gives me the shakes. Speaking of hot, we're looking 100F in Dallas for this weekends DARS High Power Launch? Although, I'm told it's a "dry" heat.....

Yep, monthly withdrawal gives me the shakes. Speaking of hot, we're looking 100F in Dallas for this weekends DARS High Power Launch? Although, I'm told it's a "dry" heat.....

I was in Austin about this time last year and it was hot as heck. But all the Texans I talk to around here say its worse here.

Last month when I was at the monthly launch I told myself I was going to wait until it cools off before I go back to another launch well this month launch came up last weekend and I had a relapse for some more AP smell. It was still hot and humid but I got three out of four flights in before the rain moved in. Now I have to wait another month going through withdrawal.:sad:

As long as you have a good support group, you will make it! :)

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
It does kill brain cells, but only the weak ones.

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Someday, I'm gonna be a genius!

My logic is, if AP does the same thing as alcohol, then someday, I will have an IQ of 250!

That was from Norman on Cheers if I recall correctly.

Or we all just agree it came off of the internet... :p

Long before you were born, back in the dark days before the Internet, people would entertain themselves with amusements called "TV shows." Many of the things that now are believed by some to have "come off the Internet" were actually first presented to the world as part of these ancient TV shows. The origins of many of these cultural gems are obscure, but in this case the source is known to be a line by the character Cliff Clavin from the TV show Cheers. How do we know this? Not from memory --- the brain cells containing that information were long ago killed off by drinking beer and sniffing AP residue! We know it because of the Internet! Full circle!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083399/quotes

Cliff was a classic barfly know-it-all BS artist, and this buffalo theory of his is typical of the kind of thing he would talk about on the show. Back in the day, some of my friends said I reminded them of Cliff, which I did not appreciate. But he was a great character, and he was played by John Ratzenberger, who you may know as Hamm from Toy Story, Mack from Cars, or Yeti from Monsters University. Ratzenberger has really found his niche as a voice in Pixar movies, and that may be because he has a face for animation.

:wink:

Cliff Clavin! Well played sir, well played.

Long before you were born, back in the dark days before the Internet, people would entertain themselves with amusements called "TV shows." Many of the things that now are believed by some to have "come off the Internet" were actually first presented to the world as part of these ancient TV shows. The origins of many of these cultural gems are obscure, but in this case the source is known to be a line by the character Cliff Clavin from the TV show Cheers. How do we know this? Not from memory --- the brain cells containing that information were long ago killed off by drinking beer and sniffing AP residue! We know it because of the Internet! Full circle!

Cliff was a classic barfly know-it-all BS artist, and this buffalo theory of his is typical of the kind of thing he would talk about on the show. Back in the day, some of my friends said I reminded them of Cliff, which I did not appreciate. But he was a great character, and he was played by John Ratzenberger, who you may know as Hamm from Toy Story, Mack from Cars, or Yeti from Monsters University. Ratzenberger has really found his niche as a voice in Pixar movies, and that may be because he has a face for animation.

POTD: (Post Of The Day)

And I'll go outside and start sniffing my old motor cases... Come back and see who is smarter... :p

Get an early start gentlemen, and we'll all check back on this thread around 10pm --- we should be MENSA material by then.

And I'll go outside and start sniffing my old motor cases... Come back and see who is smarter... :p

Ohhh, an experiment. I like experiments. You think case sniffing will work if it's not still smouldering? Worth a try I guess.

MENSA: Minds Engaged in Numbing Sensory Advancement

Um, yep

You should have cleaned those casings by now...! Nothing smells like Virgin propellent slugs....:drool:

Last edited:

The primary difference being that, unlike the internet, most of what you saw on TV was NOT true...

Back