mwp12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or window alarms, available at most dollar outlets. Walmart in Princeton probably has them, but I'd get there quick!

Ok, so now that I have a GPS tracker I have to find the plus or minus "...quiet..." acre of standing silage? LOL:eek:

1414716175556.jpg

1414716204534.jpg

Not even going to try it... Did hang out in the Wildman trailer for a bit and picked up one of those new V2 Sports... I just may drive home, build it, drive back... Probably not.

Not even going to try it... Did hang out in the Wildman trailer for a bit and picked up one of those new V2 Sports... I just may drive home, build it, drive back... Probably not.
Go build it in your hotel room. certainly wouldn't be the first!

what are the V2 Sports selling for?

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

What is the parking area this year? Single file along the road like last year, or is it dry enough to park in the field?

V2s are $60, think they're sold out now.
Parking is in the field. Dry and solid.

Well, that saves me money. They are talking 3" of snow here with 50+ mph winds. Princeton will be a tropical trip in comparison.

No Parking on the road. Parking in the fields across from the flight line

RandyL

Corn?! Corn! Do you mean they haven't cut that down yet???

Completing a fin can now...paint will be tacky tomorrow on my #5 rocket.

Just noticed some micro-crinkles on my newly painted G80 skid drag race entry. I think it is from sitting in the SUV at near freezing temps last night!

Corn?! Corn! Do you mean they haven't cut that down yet???

Hey, I just spray painted an upper body tuby in the sleet and wind for the G80 race, if that isn't tacky I will be shocked!

Whoops! Forgot about the buttons. Heading downstairs with the drill, then going to bed.

Hey, I just spray painted an upper body tuby in the sleet and wind for the G80 race, if that isn't tacky I will be shocked!

Did anyone hear my ground test of my main charge for the G80 drag race (somewhere on 3rd floor Days Inn around 8pm)?

V2 Drag Race. Probably not the best video, but it'll do, Donkey... It'll do.
[video=youtube;TsJUkZ7EE0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsJUkZ7EE0g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

HOLLY HANNAH AND, A HANDBASKET! :surprised:

Gus learned how to *cut and, paste!* Here is the onboard video of the side by side CTI N-10,000 flights that Carl Van Camp and, i did on Saturday morning! Enjoy...:eek:

[video=youtube_share;IjkGnsCA1QA]https://youtu.be/IjkGnsCA1QA[/video]

Caution: "Barfing action at 2:34."

Last edited:
A friend of mine attended and tried her hand at rocketry video. The attached are by no means the best but you may see your rocket. Includes videos of Saturday drag races.
[video=youtube;N2iTyJfcptU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2iTyJfcptU[/video]
[video=youtube;DRWcWOUfkSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWcWOUfkSo[/video]
[video=youtube;ufaTr2kyefs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufaTr2kyefs[/video]
[video=youtube;5bQ6NVY7rFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bQ6NVY7rFk[/video]

Nice picture of the N drag race!:)

Awwwww......%#@$! I forgot to find you and, introduce myself. Gerbmeister, someday we will finally hook up, until then keep the pointy end up! :D

N dual launch pic, looks like right one wanted to bump other :)

john
View attachment 245364

Thanks, for the GREAT picture John! I've already seen about 3-4 others but, yours sets the benchmark...Thanks for sharing it! :D

Carl and, i have been talking about our launch ever since Saturday and, i think some of your know that he had the lower SCP slide shatter in the process causing the turn left off the pad. Something i've had happen before with some of my larger rockets....even launched off of Tower type setups.

Over the last year i've been *beta testing* a new all Aluminum Rail Button for an undisclosed individual on my Frenzy (the one on the left) with excellent results....

It has two special coatings on it to reduce wear to itself and, the railing it makes contact with. I started testing it on my own personal stand and, really liked what i saw...Now i use them on all my rockets over 4" dia. IF any club i fly with has any objections, i can quickly switch back to the Delrin's when needed.

Another thing i like to do is run a minimum of three buttons on rockets over 4" using anchor points made of Oak wood blocks glued to the tops of the bottom and, top centering rings. In the case of my 6" Darkstar Carl, i'm anchoring at 1 1/8" from the bottom...followed by 25 1/2" from the bottom and, 8" down from the top using a soft Aluminum washer and, locknut on the inside. I've had great results so far.

Now the Frenzanator flown Saturday uses only (2) buttons but, its the exception in my fleet of Misfit toys. One at 1 1/8" from the bottom and, the second at 8" down from the top.

Obviously:

1. Rail straightness and, any pre-torque in its shape fall into play.
2. Deposits in the rail may have affected the outcome.
3. Button/Slide alignment and, integrity.
4. Stand integrity and, placement on the ground.
5. Rail whip....ohhhh...there might have been some!:rolleyes:

We had alot of factors here. Some above our control. In the end i will say that Carl builds some beautiful/ well thought out rockets and, that there was no harm no foul. I only hope that we can do it again someday at Thunderstruck 6 or Midwest Power 13! ;)

I feel that when "The Woz" releases his new Button design that we will be able to push the ability of Delrin buttons to a safer point on these applications where flying above and, slightly beyond the norm happen...when flying off the ground equipment we do.

Just my humble opinion. ;)

Scott, thanks for sharing those videos with us! :point: Yes, it IS hard too keep up with a speeding bullet....Lord knows i've tried....
I'll stick to flying for now!

Man! That V-2 "M" drag race was AWESOME! :p

Back