mwp12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will have a registration tent set up so people can pay and register when they arrive.

That's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear. My weekend opened up at the last minute (my local launch was postponed) so I'm going to head up the road and join you fine people. Thanks for the info!

That's got to be close to what was registered for LDRS?

I don't know for sure, but I have been attending since MWP3 and I think its one of the higher pre-launch counts in the past 10 years. With walk-ons you have to think it will be more than 200 flyers.

Anyone have any tips on how to make it through Thursday at work? My head has been on rockets all week and it's just getting worse...

Anyone have any tips on how to make it through Thursday at work? My head has been on rockets all week and it's just getting worse...

Call in sick and come help with set up. My Midwest Power is Thursday through Monday. Thursday set up and Monday De-tox

Call in sick and come help with set up. My Midwest Power is Thursday through Monday. Thursday set up and Monday De-tox

Took a personal day on Friday... Looks bad if I call in sick a day early. Especially since I'm s teacher...
I'll be down there bright and early on Friday, though! Packing rockets tonight.

Took a personal day on Friday... Looks bad if I call in sick a day early. Especially since I'm s teacher...
I'll be down there bright and early on Friday, though! Packing rockets tonight.

I hear you! Around here taking a personal day on a Friday or Monday is frowned upon. I am still in the outhouse with the department that approves those days because I took Friday AND Saturday off of school last year for Thunderstruck! Not my fault they decided to make that particular Saturday a snow make up day. But my personal day request for Friday was denied. So I have to wait through 2 more school days thinking about rockets.

*ring* *ring*....

:eek: "Piepenburg Trucking: You buy it, we fly it on 18 wheels...How can i help you?"

GUS!:D

"Hey Jason, hows everything going at the field setup day...?"

GREAT MAN! Hey, i've got someone calling me...hold on! *click* :D

GUS!:D:D

"Steve and, Jason...what a treat...whats up Lumberjack?!"

Duuuuuuude! Hold on bro....someones calling....let me hook us up! *click* :D

GUS!:D:D:D

"Adrian you old bean! Heard your flying something this weekend...!"

YES I AM! Hey someones trying to chime in....hold on! *click* :D

GUS!:D:D:D:D

"Wildman! You keeping an eye on these little monkeys for me?"

Sure am, sorry about not being able to sponsor your Drag Race....you know, budgets tight this year....Hold on dude, someones wants to say hi! *click* :D

GUS!:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Sweetie! It's Jackie! You coming up this weekend? :D

Oh, you know me....wouldn't miss it for the world!

Hold on Sweetie...someones calling me! *click* :D

To be continued:

GUS!:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Reeser my son....your there already?"

DUDE got a call coming in....HOLD ON! *click* :D

GUS!:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad:

"Baron you old fart, hows those bionic knees doing?"

Wouldn't you like to know....Stay on the line @$$#o!&! *click* :mad:

GUS!:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad::D

To be continued:

Last edited:
"CJ my soul brother from another mother! Great too hear from you!"

Man....you missing alot of fun here....GIT UP HERE NOW BRO! Got a call coming in...hold on! *click*

GUS!:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad::D:D

Wie gehts mein freund! :D

"Jeroen...they got you to show up early and, help out too:confused:" Now tell me something....ARE all of you hiding in Tim's trailer right now...?

YES!

"Your ALL calling me....while talking on ALL your cell phones in one big teleconference...?"

YES!:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad::D:D

"What's going on here?!" :eek:

Jaggerbombs!

I'll tell you....the truth can be stranger than fiction...

Thanks for the call today guys! See you there tomorrow...

Last edited:
Yeah... rethinking what I am taking to the launch. Anything smaller than my beepers are probably staying behind.. Well, still taking a wildman mini for the G80 race, but that will at least have a GPS Tx so it won't be the same as looking completely blind in the cornfield.

Newb BAR here... What's that mean? Screamers? Police? Are there children of the corn out there?

They are also called screamers by many. Police? Children of the corn? Well, that is OK if they are out there if they are going to help retrieve lost rockets. However, the rocket has to be missing for at least 24 hours before getting police involved.

In the offhand chance you are not just joking along, Tim is probably referring to personal safety devices that let off a loud pulsing tone to scare off potential attackers. Stick it in your rocket and use the sound to help find the rocket in the corn.

Back