mwp12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was a guessing man, I'd guess it's 'cause Jim is a low and slow fanatic!

While I enjoy low and slow, I also really enjoy a 4" rocket with a 3" motor if the field and waiver permit!

-Eric-

So no "Wildman" criteria for this event I guess...

Quick planning question...
I see the note that the Boy Scouts will have food. What kind of food are we talking about? Prices? I'll have a family of 4 to keep fed during the day time. What should I expect.
Also, Dinner... Anyone have any family friendly restaurant recommendations?

This is a Gus-Gus Sparkie race. No Wildman sponsorship has been locked in yet, therefore no Wildman rules can apply.

I'm talking about Wildman macho swag; higher--more thrust--acceleration--velocity, et. al. I care less about prizes and sponsorship--is CJ handing out Pirate decals? Are all flyers at near minimum diameter? I guess we already have a loser and dress-wearer if Jim Catz doesn't fly 75mm hardware... How many dress runway models will we have at the banquet this year??!!!?

I'm talking about Wildman macho swag; higher--more thrust--acceleration--velocity, et. al. I care less about prizes and sponsorship--is CJ handing out Pirate decals? Are all flyers at near minimum diameter? I guess we already have a loser and dress-wearer if Jim Catz doesn't fly 75mm hardware... How many dress runway models will we have at the banquet this year??!!!?

The he dress is reserved for the Wildman sponsored V2drag race. If every MWP drag race followed the same criteria, we would have to have a second banquet just for a dress wearing fashion show. As far as pirate stickers, I think that's another deal all together. You can't just "morf" all the drag race swag into one. It will create an inbalance in the universe.

The he dress is reserved for the Wildman sponsored V2drag race. If every MWP drag race followed the same criteria, we would have to have a second banquet just for a dress wearing fashion show. As far as pirate stickers, I think that's another deal all together. You can't just "morf" all the drag race swag into one. It will create an inbalance in the universe.

Which I should mention that I've never seen the contest rules for....ie: I (think I) know we're using Nascar template 6" WM V-2's on M3100WT's. I would think the contest would be highest recorded altitude before range close Sat.; but haven't seen those rules in print anywhere yet...unless I missed it. I have to finish building mine!

-Eric-

Just making sure I am on the right track. 4" rocket with a maximum 3"mmt correct? Do I HAVE to use a 3" motor? If that is the way it is I gotta bow out. You will never see me putting a 3" motor in a 4" rocket!

1. F-O-U-R inch dia. Rocket with a T-H-R-E-E inch maximum dia. Motor Casing. I don't care if you wrap the casing in B-U-B-B-L-E W-R-A-P and, shove it up a minimum dia. F-O-U-R inch Rocket. Just make sure the motor retention meets and, follows all applicable safety rules set forth by NAR and, Tripoli.

I also really enjoy a 4" rocket with a 3" motor if the field and waiver permit!-Eric-

2. Well praise the Lord and, pass the gravy brother Eric! :p

So no "Wildman" criteria for this event I guess...

3. #$%& NO!....I'm not out too humiliate you with floral patterned dresses..."Just with far superior building skills and, better choice on the motor combination..."

*Realistically, i plan to attach my video camera to the side of my rocket and, post the video of the debauchery too my humble You-Tube account (gkpiepenburg). Do you really think i'll win slowing my rocket down so much aerodynamically with a camera the size of John C. Holmes clamped to it's side?*

This is a Gus-Gus Sparkie race. No Wildman sponsorship has been locked in yet, therefore no Wildman rules can apply.

4. Correct...but, we can still whup his A$$ in a really fun Drag Race. A-G-A-I-N. Ha!:D

That would be me. I like to see my rockets in flight. Taking nothing away from you extreme altitude junkies, that's just not for me.

5. Extreme altitude? Brother Trucker....a well prepared 4" dia. Rocket flying on a good Sparky 3" motor has the full potential to reach altitudes of 13-15K while still not violating the precious QCRS Wah-ve-air. That's NOT extreme.
As a matter of fact: There are some people out there watching this who would say- "I don't play with *little* Rockets like those you plan to fly...their only *little*....*little* toys!"

I have only SIX words i can use to answer that one.

:D Hey whats Gus doing?
Looks like he's buying a snack of White Castle Burgers!:rolleyes:
:D What's he doing now?
Looks like he's eating them.:rolleyes:
:D Why is lifting his leg and, holding his cigarette lighter in his hand?
I...think...he's getting ready to send a message to someone....:eek:

Loo...to the mighty Blue Flame!

:dark: Phhhhhhhhhhhffffffft. :dark:

Last edited:
That would be me. I like to see my rockets in flight. Taking nothing away from you extreme altitude junkies, that's just not for me.

+1. Low and slow works for me, too. Thank you, Doctor J, for the L3150! Big rockets, moving slow and making noise!

maybe there could be a low power drag race- only D size engines and lower? If the MWP folks are willing to run it (unofficially) i'll donate a 3 pack of Estes C6-5s for the winner :)

Never too many drag races at MWP. Now one more... and it is low and slow. My wife and teenage daughter, in keeping with the Widman Oath, have challenged me to a Flis foam cup drag race... Kelly's Espresso (stock), Tricia's Decaffienator (stock), vs my Super Grande Mocha Frappuccino (scratch-built tribute to Jim). Open to all, winner gets a sleeve of Dart Solo 44TJ32 44 oz. (really BIG) styrofoam cups.

dart-44tj32-44-oz-customizable-white-foam-cup-300-case.jpg

Quick planning question...
I see the note that the Boy Scouts will have food. What kind of food are we talking about? Prices? I'll have a family of 4 to keep fed during the day time. What should I expect.
Also, Dinner... Anyone have any family friendly restaurant recommendations?

Burgers & hotdogs. Chips, candy. Soda, coffee, Hot chocolate, water. All at decent prices. And it's by the Boy Scouts. AND various cobbler flavors Saturday night (it's damn good, and I don't usually like cobbler). Saturday night is banquet dinner (Portillo's beef). I would be up for dinner somewhere Friday night. Sometimes a bunch of the Bong guys go to WiseGuys. It's good.
What say Chad, Russ? Dinner?

Adrian

Please tell me that you will have the "Walking Taco"! Being from the south when I first saw that I thought it was a great idea!

O boy! Photographers wanted.

036_zps78da12c4.jpg

-Eric-

Burgers & hotdogs. Chips, candy. Soda, coffee, Hot chocolate, water. All at decent prices. And it's by the Boy Scouts. AND various cobbler flavors Saturday night (it's damn good, and I don't usually like cobbler). Saturday night is banquet dinner (Portillo's beef). I would be up for dinner somewhere Friday night. Sometimes a bunch of the Bong guys go to WiseGuys. It's good.

Adrian
Sorry dude, I won't be there this year. I suspect there will still be a gathering at (of) WiseGuy's Friday night.

VONMISES! Get your butt in gear and, get registered!:eek: You've got 8 hours and, 45 minutes *Mark*!

Or i'm going to be eating a box of Chocolate that i bought for Ben Walbaum too give to your daughter...including a fake note saying how cute he thought she was....I digest Chocolate just like a dog....It's not pretty...:p

Adrian

I'm game.

It appear's I might have forgotten a very small, some might even say tiny detail. I think my dinner chances at Wise-guys are reduced. Last year I made it later to dinner to meet everyone at Wiseguys but we were only prepping K940's. I also had to be somewhat responsible at motor prep since I had to meet up with my son later.
This year I'm going solo and since I'll be using Elmers glue ( thanks Griffin) and glitter sticks it may take a bit longer then the Lehr's lair may be a bit harder to depart from.

Ben- We need too talk....Senior Mises did not make the registration cutoff by midnight last night even with *constant* email reminders from me of the local time.

PLAN B goes into effect now:

I will protect your Chivalry and, Little Von Mises Chasity through my great tenacity.

Plus, i have a boatload of Glowsticks and Glownecklaces that we STILL need to use up on Saturday Night.

I WILL make you look good...promise.

(Going back into my Rocket Cave now....i have much to do today in preparation for Friday...Saturday and, even SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!)

Almost..."There"

Need a cool motor, 54 mm 6GXL on hand. Bigger better more er faster? Opinions?

1414333821537.jpg

Last edited:
Almost..."There"

Need a cool motor, 54 mm 6GXL on hand. Bigger better more er faster? Opinions?

Dang CRS! Someone reminded me that I already promised that motor to them. Sorry Scott.
Sucks getting older. Gonna have to be like my dad and start writing stuff down.
Now where is my pen? Anyone got a crayon or marker? Maybe some construction paper.... :facepalm:

Adrian

Last edited:
Back