mwp12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the field like?

What was grown on the lauch site. How much is left?

Parking, field or road?

Dang it Cliff Dawg!:facepalm: I was going to "Splice in" some local footage but, Tim beat me to it!:lol:
I'm sure you would have noticed that there were NO windmills and, that the weeds on 2400 really didn't grow into big Oaks in just one year....
All will be well by the time you get here my friend!;)View attachment 187145

Ben, we're planning for the 4" Rocket 3" Sparky Motor Debauchery too happen on Sat. around 3pm....IF you want to see that one.

I'm thinking you might!:eek:

I'm super excited to attend as a spectator this year. I flew low power stuff growing up, but I've recently decided to get into mid and high power builds. I picked up an Aerotech Arreaux for some G-motor flights and plan to buy a Blackhawk 29 at the event.

Pigeonfarmboy- why not bring something to fly? most of what i'm flying will be low power, and only up to F or G for 2-3 flights.

I should have the Arreaux done in time. I will if it's done for sure! Got a lot going on before that event.

maybe there could be a low power drag race- only D size engines and lower? If the MWP folks are willing to run it (unofficially) i'll donate a 3 pack of Estes C6-5s for the winner :)

maybe there could be a low power drag race- only D size engines and lower? If the MWP folks are willing to run it (unofficially) i'll donate a 3 pack of Estes C6-5s for the winner :)

The "folks" don't really need to run it. If you get participation and you can organize it in a way that doesn't hold up the flow of flyers, you are welcome to have a low power race.

Just get your group together at the same time and let the rose know it is a drag race. Thanks for offering a prize. Good luck to all.

I'm in... Bull pup 12 on a D. I'd find something to toss into the prize pool, too.

Just get your group together at the same time and let the rose know it is a drag race. Thanks for offering a prize. Good luck to all.

@Griffin- is there the capability to do a multiple rocket at once launch from the LP pads? or I might just do something from 11-11:15am (for example) with someone like myself eyeballing the rockets for the highest

I'll start a new thread on this.

The best way to do a drag race:
Figure out how the winner is determined...first off pad....first one back with rocket...duration under chute etc.
You take responsibility for the participants.
Get everyone through the RSO ahead of time.
Mark all the flight cards " drag race" so LCO can make the announcement and not leave anyone out.
Meet and get in line for pads all together at appointed time. Keep in mind that there are usually delays of some type & you may have to wait a bit.
Just gives you time to smack talk each other.

Once in line, notify the LCO/Pad manager what you are doing & how many are involved, he will then send you out or hold you up till he can get you the needed amount of pads.

Have one person collect all the flight cars for your event and turn them in at same time.

Don't forget some pictures to remember your fun ....stand back and enjoy.

Make sure everyone stays together & help each other out if need be to get hooked up and ready in a timely fashion.

CJ who has done dozens of these! Good luck.:wink:

Last edited:
I like the "duration under chute" because then it's not just dependent on "fastest/most powerful rocket" wins. But what do you do if more people show up to race than there are pads?

What do you do if more people show up to race than there are pads?

The low power pad can do a drag race with out problems. There are 8 rods on the low power pad. If more people enter than rods available, you just do it a gain! Heats. More excuses to fly! Win win!

Adrian

Got my Wildman Sport Mach racer ready, CRAP!!! I forgot the motor mount! Guess we will see how much abuse these new nose cones can take huh? ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1413756349.396769.jpg

Photo by me

Fin lay up work courtesy of JFarrand composites.

Beep beep boop boop

Got my Wildman Sport Mach racer ready, CRAP!!! I forgot the motor mount! Guess we will see how much abuse these new nose cones can take huh? View attachment 187868

Photo by me

Fin lay up work courtesy of JFarrand composites.

Beep beep boop boop

Alright........ where is YOUR rocket...... you know the yellow one?

That red one must be someones stunt rocket.

We've got high power, we've got low power... There used to be Loc Lil Nuke races at bong back when I was a kid... Anyone want to race their Lil nuke with me on Sunday at MWP? I was thinking anything you could fit it an AT 29/40-120 casing, motor choice is up to the flyer, fastest off the pad wins. Prize is the ability to talk trash until next year. Any takers?

We've got high power, we've got low power... There used to be Loc Lil Nuke races at bong back when I was a kid... Anyone want to race their Lil nuke with me on Sunday at MWP? I was thinking anything you could fit it an AT 29/40-120 casing, motor choice is up to the flyer, fastest off the pad wins. Prize is the ability to talk trash until next year. Any takers?

I think we are really pushing the Drag Race theme this year!!

I would like it if someone can post all the Drag Race scheduled times and days. Midwest Power tends to put me in "head-lees chicken" mode. I would like to start planning the times needed to set aside for the races. I have made more commitments than I think I can follow through with. As usual, I have 9+ flights (on paper) and will be lucky to get in half of them.

I would like it if someone can post all the Drag Race scheduled times and days. Midwest Power tends to put me in "head-lees chicken" mode. I would like to start planning the times needed to set aside for the races. I have made more commitments than I think I can follow through with. As usual, I have 9+ flights (on paper) and will be lucky to get in half of them.

Think Sparky... Saturday 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock. (More than that would confuse me.)

I was thinking more of an informal thing. Just find anyone else with a Lil Nuke and launch together.
I've got a flight plan for the weekend too... Will see how many actually fly.

Aiieeeeee,
Looked at my schedule and found I had to work this Friday night. Oh nuts, going to miss the start of MWP12. Weeeellllll, maybe the weather report of fine weather this weekend distorted my brain with 71F degrees expected. Then, stupidhead looks at the calender and sees MWP12 is the WEEKEND after!!:jaw: And.................my schedule was perfectly aligned for that.:p At least I can drive around the corner and fly modrocs this Saturday.

Oh well, how do the fields look? Still a lot of crops in? Supposed to get rain Thursday so that would put a little damper on the harvest some more. Kurt

Think Sparky... Saturday 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock. (More than that would confuse me.)

That is correct Tim, 3pm on Saturday afternoon is the *tentative* time for the 4" Rocket 3" Sparky Motor Drag Race.

ALL entrants going for the big win of the...
1. Toilet Trophy.
2. Well worn but thoroughly washed sock (Motor Diaper).
3. $25 Dollars (we still have not secured a Corporate Sponsor....*ahem* Wildman.:rolleyes:

Must have their altimeter call outs back at the RSO table by 5pm that day for the winner to be determined.

Just making sure I am on the right track. 4" rocket with a maximum 3"mmt correct? Do I HAVE to use a 3" motor? If that is the way it is I gotta bow out. You will never see me putting a 3" motor in a 4" rocket!

Last edited:
Just making sure I am on the right track. 3" rocket with a maximum 4"mmt correct? Do I HAVE to use a 4" motor? If that is the way it is I gotta bow out. You will never see me putting a 4" motor in a 3" rocket!

:y::y:

:flyingpig:

:facepalm::pop:

Oh "That guy". YA need some tube stretcher.

Last edited:
Just making sure I am on the right track. 4" rocket with a maximum 3"mmt correct? Do I HAVE to use a 3" motor? If that is the way it is I gotta bow out. You will never see me putting a 3" motor in a 4" rocket!

Dont ask, dont tell???

Pretty sure you can still play, Jim

And why?

Back