L2 Build Terminated

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to make some extra centering rings as end caps for internal fillets for the lower fins:

Since there is no structural purpose, I'm using some Luan Plywood I have in the garage. Took a couple passes at getting the internal diameter correct for the 54mm MMT. Once a got a nice slip fit, cut a couple holes.
View attachment 185278

Willie

Just wondering, why didn't you just use your circle cutter to do the outer and inner cuts. That's the way I do it. Cut the outer one first, then use some bars to clamp the piece down and make the inner cut.

My cutter got away from me a fey days ago beat the hell out of me before I could get away. A clamp is a good idea.

TA

Decided not to inject internal fillets for the boat tail fins, but instead to use epoxy foam. I had previously made extra centering rings, that will not be used.
Willie

Any reason why you opted for foam filling vs. internal fillets?

Willie, thanks for your answers. Hope you don't mind all the questions. I'm gonna build one, have been following your build as there are no instructions with the kit.

it flies like a dream...believe one hybrid Eagle Claw 4 owner...with a 48" MM :)
you will love your bird for ever... and dream from an 8" version of it ....

Are you using one of the U-bolts to attach the shock cord to the forward CR or some other means?

Back