Projects!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg I requested a review. is this a software package on your home pc or a work firewall?

I'm planning to attend LDRS 34 with a new rocket. I have an 8" FWFG project with a 6" mount that I am hoping to get built and bring up to Potter for the first flight. It'll either fly on a 6" 24,000Ns Blue or a 32,000Ns Red depending on final weight and sims. Motors have been mixed for a few years, but my only other rocket that can take 6" loads is really too heavy for O motors. Good excuse to build a new rocket.

Todd Harrison

photo.jpg

Last edited:
I'm planning to attend LDRS 34 with a new rocket. I have an 8" FWFG project with a 6" mount that I am hoping to get built and bring up to Potter for the first flight. It'll either fly on a 6" 24,000Ns Blue or a 32,000Ns Red depending on final weight and sims. Motors have been mixed for a few years, but my only other rocket that can take 6" loads is really too heavy for them. Good excuse to build a new rocket.

Todd Harrison

View attachment 184547

Now you're committed. Get gluing.

Todd still flies rockets?
News to me... I thought he was still in Antarctica visiting the Penguins ;)

JD

I'm Kinda late to the party, but my two major builds for LDRS are a 38mm Min. Diameter and the new Performer 150 from Performance Hobbies. :)

I've got a couple builds underway that I will fly:

4" Mad Dog flying on a CTI 54 3 or 4 Grain
4" x ~92" Scratch build on a CTI 54 4 or 5 Grain hoping to break a mile with this one.

And I have my completed rockets that I will bring:

3" Darkstar on a CTI 3 or 4 Grain could break a mile on this one as well.
5" Upscale Whatchamacallit on a CTI 3 or 4 Grain

Getting ready early so there is no excuse not to have these done by the summer

Matt

I have
a Nike smoke that eats 54mm j motors,
a 38mm minimum diameter in the works,
a 6" diameter rocket that will serve as my level three certification bird,
probably a few park fliers

I'm looking for a level three certification, 1200 MPH, and 20,000'

Edit: My l3 is only pushing 10,000' and Mach 1. The 38mm MD Egoista is hitting 1200 MPH and 20,000'

Last edited:
Well with Thunderstruck 6 unlikely, this rocket now is without a "target" launch, and thus no completion date... Hmm... Maybe I will have to plan a trip out east after all?

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1416173278.553746.jpg ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1416173296.989986.jpg

Gary what is your waiver? I see on the site, it says the club has one and people must stay under it.

Got my fins cut, next to do centering rings and bulkheads. The body tube is stacked and waiting to be cut.big fins.jpg

I believe that you will be successful in rocketry and good luck to your family this year.

Xan

I just saw a wonderful TV show about Rocketry it was called Mr Yusko GROWS UP!

Back