Forgot My Memory Card!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
What a "Doh!" Moment! I just went and flew my TAN-SAM for the first time, also my first Cluster Launch ever, and when I turned on the Camera, I got the "No Memory Card" Message!:facepalm::facepalm:
I had used it earlier today, and the Battery was low so I charged it and stuck the Memory Card in the Computer to upload my Pics'.
I was so nervous about this being my first Cluster, and my first TLP Kit to fly, that I forgot to grab the Memory Card from the Computer.
We already had the Rocket on the Pad, and everything was perfect, no Wind, etc;, so I just had to Launch to get done with being nervous.
Anyhow, it was awesome indeed, and a spectacle to behold for sure. Time seemed to stand still when I pushed the Button on my Aerotech Controller, and it seemed to take a full 2 seconds after the Continuity Tone stopped before she roared to life.
The 5 second Delay of the D12-5s' had me scared for a second or two, as the Rocket nosed over to be pointed at the Ground right before its terrific and powerful Ejection.
Recovery Wadding fluttered away like Confetti as the rocket gracefully returned to Earth under its Chute' that I sewed myself.:clap::clap::clap::clap::D
What a Rush! She landed only 50 Feet from the Pad thanks to little Wind and her being balanced well for a nice stable Flight from my Rail.
Next time, she's going up on D12-3s' so that she'll deploy at Apogee instead of nosing over.
After that I'm going to use my Adapters to send her aloft on Aerotech D21-4 Single Use Composites.
I can't beleive I forgot the Memory Card for my Camera, but I will sleep well tonight, knowing that my TLP TAN-SAM is a good Flyer.
There was no Damage to the Rocket whatsoever.:)
I'll definitely get a Video next time.

Not like this hasn't happened to others . . . actually, I have forgotten to take off the lens cap on the first launch and then when I attempted a second launch, the memory card had filled up while on the pad.

I thought about going back to the House to get it, and it is only 1/2 a Mile away, but I was ready to get the Nervousness/Anxiety over with.
There was also a Guy flying an RC Plane there that was pretty cool, doing all the kind of Stunts you see on Youtube Videos. He had a big smile on his Face when I told him we were there to fly a Rocket. It's nice to be in the Company of other Hobbyists. Guess I can understand why most of you Folks like to fly with Clubs.

Congrats on the flight. Success just means it'll be around the next launch to get the pics taken and posted.

Congrats on the flight. Success just means it'll be around the next launch to get the pics taken and posted.

Thanks.
I have a pair of D12-3s' still, so hopefully some day this Week.
I think I'm going to try to get a Lift-off Pic', so I can use it for my Avatar here.

I launched my PML Endeavour on a Metalstorm or Dark Matter reload with my keychain cam on board last year. Had a great video of the launch through recovery. Loaded the video onto my PC (or so I thought) and then deleted the video from the card. Turns out I just plain deleted that sucker :facepalm:
Boy was I PO'd. Oh well, live and learn. Good luck on the cluster flights!

Adrian

Congratulations on a successful cluster launch,lot's of fun. Beautiful job on the TAN-SAM,looks great BTW.

Flying with a club is a bit more fun than flying alone. Not only do you have other rocket geeks to hang out with, but a vast array of models to watch fly.
If your interested, there's a CMASS launch in Acton Ma. this Saturday (8-23-14) Hop on 91 to Rte 2 and head east. You can't miss us, we launch on a field next to Rte 2.
Your more than welcome to come and fly with us.

terryg is right about Boris Katan's clusters, absolutely amazing. He burns more motors in one flight than I do in three launch days

Terryg, that Tres is Awesome!
That Boris Katan is some kind of Pyrotechnic Wizard!!!
MALBAR 70, thanks for the Compliment and the Invite. I'm low on Gas for my Truck, as my Budget only allows me to fill my Tank once a Month, but maybe another time, since you are one of the only Sanctioned Launches near me. I'll keep my Eyes open for CMASS Events.

Last edited:
Today I remembered my Memory Card, and threw a Camera on the Rocket too.:)

[video=youtube;SO6ylhJma9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO6ylhJma9U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
I can't beleive I forgot the Memory Card for my Camera, but I will sleep well tonight, knowing that my TLP TAN-SAM is a good Flyer.
There was no Damage to the Rocket whatsoever.:)
I'll definitely get a Video next time.

Some cameras have internal memory... did you check for that?

Guilty. Of course, even when I do remember it I usually only get a few seconds of decent footage at liftoff followed by a spinning sky montage as I try and locate the smoke trail. And I always forget to zoom in when the chute pops.

Back