Frequently Asked Question FAQ

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wclune

Reaction score
Geez i hope i spelled that write... :facepalm:

The Largest and Greatest Amateur Rocketry event in the WORLD returns to Potter, New York June 25th - 29th 2015.
The Host hotel this year is a GREAT One, the Ramada Inn on the Lake in Geneva NY, 25 minutes from the field, a FREE breakfast and not some dinky-dunky continental one either! Only $109 a night but YOU MUST CALL Them @ 1-800-990-0907 or 315-789-0400 AND TELL Them you have a code which is "LDRS" to get the deal. Absolutely this is the finest hotel any LDRS has ever had, the Banquet... will be awesome!
Pre-Registration opens August 22. :jaw:

Registration $50
Tshirst $25
Banquets ??? -- it will be worth it. Working on an inexpensive kids meal.
Hats ???

Will you be able to pick your parking spot months in advance again? The I/S staff sure hopes so!
The weekly annoying Email updates will be FREE

Yes we would do these every year if they would let us.

Last edited:
Minors need not register correct?
No you don't need to pay range fees but... the flyer of record for your flights (the adult) needs to.
We are working out the details of how to get you to register (without paying) to get you a name badge and a flyer packet..

The Devil hides in the Details!!

Last edited:
No you don't need to pay range fees but... the flyer of record for your flights (the adult) needs to.
We are working out the details of how to get you to register (without paying) to get you a name badge and a flyer packet..

The Devil hides in the Details!!

So even though we are flying HPR, we don't need to pay registration? I'm really glad I didn't register yesterday like I wanted to.

So even though we are flying HPR, we don't need to pay registration? I'm really glad I didn't register yesterday like I wanted to.

No because technically were flying under our mentor. Good thing you didn't register...

Keep in mind, though, that you're still generating costs for the host club - they still have to provide portapotties, have launch equipment for your rockets, etc.

While they're not requiring you to register, if you plan to fly (especially HPR), doing so is a good idea.

This year was my 9th LDRS, and the first time I didn't register (I wasn't sure I was going to make it, until the last minute). I've only flown at 3 or 4 of them, but I still register because it helps the host club.

-Kevin

Last edited:
Keep in mind, though, that you're still generating costs for the host club - they still have to provide portapotties, have launch equipment for your rockets, etc.

While they're not requiring you to register, if you plan to fly (especially HPR), doing so is a good idea.

This year was my 9th LDRS, and the first time I didn't register (I wasn't sure I was going to make it, until the last minute). I've only flown at 3 or 4 of them, but I still register because it helps the host club.

-Kevin

1+
I always register and pay range frees for LDRS (24X) even though I rarely fly.
It has been about 10 years since I launched at an LDRS.

M

Cody and Conner please go to https://ldrs34.org/register/ and create an account for yourself. This will give us your info, in the section where it asks for cert level put TMP or Jr L1. This way we know to make you a flyer packet and a name badge. Again the adult flyer of record needs to pay range fees.

Are we required to use the same flyer of record for every flight?

Well.... with Tripoli your flyer of record is the person listed on your TMP form that required a parental signature. with NAR I don't know..... Don't over think things, you'll be fine! If your parents have an issue please have them PM me and ill talk to them!

Well.... with Tripoli your flyer of record is the person listed on your TMP form that required a parental signature. with NAR I don't know..... Don't over think things, you'll be fine! If your parents have an issue please have them PM me and ill talk to them!

Incorrect.

For Tripoli, the flier of record is the certified member whose name is on the flight card, and who is taking legal responsibility for the flight. So, based on Tripoli rules (launch organizers may add additional rules, as they deem necessary for their launch), a TMP flier can make five flights in a day, having five different people as the flier of record.

-Kevin

If we (minors) do the online website registration as requested by Wclune, will we still get a setup and prep area?

Incorrect.

For Tripoli, the flier of record is the certified member whose name is on the flight card, and who is taking legal responsibility for the flight. So, based on Tripoli rules (launch organizers may add additional rules, as they deem necessary for their launch), a TMP flier can make five flights in a day, having five different people as the flier of record.

-Kevin
Kevin Thanks for clearing that up!
I still doubted you so i looked at the TMP form and that signature is just parent giving consent, does that make things easier.

Last edited:
FWIW, NAR works the same way -- the certified member whose name is on the flight card is the Flier Of Record, and the one responsible for the flight.

The difference being that a TMP authorized member can fly Level 2 and above, as well as Research motors, as long as their mentor has the appropriate certification level. From that, we get young members like Alex Laraway, and the skills he has developed.

-Kevin

Kevin I/we understand the flyer of record part, it was the signature on the TMP form and the Flying of EX Motors, that we didn't have a proper handle on, Disinformation spreads quickly. Thanks for clearing that up.

If we (minors) do the online website registration as requested by Wclune, will we still get a setup and prep area?

The answer is yes but we first must figure out some of the details on that.

Ok so Jim Scarpine will be mentoring a couple of us teens on a large project we are working on. Jim is going to try to register on Friday but is there anyway we can get adjacent parking spots for the 5 of us(Jim Scarpine,Connor McGrath,David Nagy,Cody Smith and Matt Fletcher). We need to be together so that We can set everything up and have Jim with us at all times while he is near his stuff and not crowding around 1 parking spot.

Connor McGrath

Ok so Jim Scarpine will be mentoring a couple of us teens on a large project we are working on. Jim is going to try to register on Friday but is there anyway we can get adjacent parking spots for the 5 of us(Jim Scarpine,Connor McGrath,David Nagy,Cody Smith and Matt Fletcher). We need to be together so that We can set everything up and have Jim with us at all times while he is near his stuff and not crowding around 1 parking spot.

Connor McGrath
Bump...

NO bump, before we put the parking lot app online we have to block out area for groups, like the TRA BoD, entire clubs that want to cluster together even the local constabulary.

OK - 5 months to go for LDRS!!! :w: I hope people are as excited as I am.
I arranged for my WM BS order to be delivered there so it will be like Christmas for me again

Any thoughts when the parking space function will be online?

Is there a list of the vendors that have signed up yet? (I haven't seen anything on the web site yet)

Thanks

Hi Les, If you have check the LDRS website lately you may have noticed things being added. The vendor listing will be going up soon! And we are hoping the parking app also. The featured flights are going up as they are coming in, The count down is on!!!:y:

Back