Estes - Flutter-By (#3013)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score

The unfortunate glamour shot before the final flight. It was a B6-4 flight with an atypical flight path that took it out over the school. Well, I think it did. I never saw or heard it after the liftoff. Likely on the roof of the new school.:facepalm:

I launched one yesterday on a A8-3 and it was pretty tiny when the ejection popped (and the pop was surprisingly loud). The two halves shot pretty far apart from each other. I probably should have expected that but I didn't. Found the top half right away, but the bottom half took 6 people quite a bit longer to locate.

I have one Im waiting to fly till I have at least two pair of eyes with me . lol
An A- it is ............

I have one Im waiting to fly till I have at least two pair of eyes with me . lol
An A- it is ............

The A flight was fairly disappointing. I think mine just had a flukey flight on Sunday. A combination of flying in the back corner of the field and possibly a gunky launch rod. On the first two flights the pieces landed well within sight of each other.

We had trouble finding the lower half in grass that was about 3 inches tall. When another person found it, I was standing about 15 feet away and couldn't see it all. Like the mosquito, I don't expect to have this rocket very long.

We had trouble finding the lower half in grass that was about 3 inches tall. When another person found it, I was standing about 15 feet away and couldn't see it all. Like the mosquito, I don't expect to have this rocket very long.

I still have my Mosquito. I've never flown it, which might have something to do with that. The 220 Swift, on the other hand.........

Back