Mystery Coupler

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
A little while back, cavecentral sent me some Parts he was'nt using.(Thanks again cavecentral).
Included in the goodies were this Coupler and the Pre-Slotted Body Tube. The Tube is approximately 1 and 7/8" in Diameter.
Anybody know what it is from, or what can be built from it?
The Coupler has this weird Notch in it.

Could that be an interstage coupler? The notch could clear an engine hook, but the plastic wouldn't hold up to the staging gasses. Even with electronic ignition, you'd get one flight out of it.
Seems I've talked myself out of my own idea! Lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

Could that be an interstage coupler? The notch could clear an engine hook, but the plastic wouldn't hold up to the staging gasses. Even with electronic ignition, you'd get one flight out of it.
Seems I've talked myself out of my own idea! Lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

It's an Enigma, is'nt it???

I suppose I could just ask cavecentral, but that would take all the fun out of it.
It's better that we guess at its intended use until someone who knows tells us.:)

Last edited:
Isn't that how religions start? Someone will say it's a sign from god, since there is no obvious earthly reason for it, and boom, there goes our Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

it is a transitional coupler for a rocket that can be flown as a single stage upper and lower or just the upper stage by itself. think Terrier Sandhawk...

I don't remember this rocket. About when was it available? It looks really cool. I want one.

I didn't know what it was or remember how I got it. Figured just a reducer or sorts.

I didn't know what it was or remember how I got it. Figured just a reducer or sorts.

Well thank you for it anyhow. I will likely try to find it a good Home with someone who has interest in building that Model.
The TLP Kits are coming along Nicely! You can see the Tan Sam Pics' in my Thread in MPR.
Thanks again Cavecentral.

You're quite welcome. I added a bunch of misc. parts since you said you like scratch building. No clue if you could use the smaller stuff or not.

I think even a Micro kit that I got free with an order of Q2G2s from Quest got sent for your disposal.

BTW - Nice job with the shark teeth!

You're quite welcome. I added a bunch of misc. parts since you said you like scratch building. No clue if you could use the smaller stuff or not.

I think even a Micro kit that I got free with an order of Q2G2s from Quest got sent for your disposal.

BTW - Nice job with the shark teeth!

Thanks. The Real TAN-SAM has the Shark Teeth, so I had to make the Decal. Making the Decal took a few days and was really fun.
That Micro Kit was the Fliskits Teeny Triskelion. I built it and just need to get some Motors to fly it.

Thanks. The Real TAN-SAM has the Shark Teeth, so I had to make the Decal. Making the Decal took a few days and was really fun.
That Micro Kit was the Fliskits Teeny Triskelion. I built it and just need to get some Motors to fly it.

I built 2 missiles so far. The Hellfire (All Black) and one that looks like the TAN SAM but has a pointy nose cone (Primed - not yet painted). Others will wait.

Hmm . . . Maybe I didn't get it from Quest then. I thought it was a freebie with some order.

I've decided to go ahead and start finding/making the rest of the Parts so that I can have my own Terrier Sandhawk!:)

The Body Tubes are odd Sizes as far as I can tell, so I'll need to figure out which tubes to order that will work.
The Booster Tube I had was not really up to par with the type of tube I like to work with so I scrapped it.
Other than the Coupler, this will be mostly scratch built.

Back