Rocket Scientist Needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billspad

Reaction score
They probably hit everybody with this email but just in case you didn't get it:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: CMASS: DISCOVERY TV SERIES
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:49:00 -0500
To: [email protected]

This is an enquiry e-mail via https://www.cmass.org/ from:
Juliet Redden <[email protected]>

Hi there,

I hope you are well. I hope you don’t mind me emailing but i am contacting you from a TV production company in London called Magnum Media. We’re currently producing a new series for the Discovery Channel called Man V’s Expert – the series will see our presenters take on a variety of different challenges against experts in lots of different fields. The show is factual and there are documentary elements but is also supposed to be very entertaining and light-hearted.

As part of the series we looking to film our presenter in the states, challenging a Rocket Scientist in a fun challenge building a small rocket! As our presenter is a novice he will prepare for this competition by visiting various mentors and getting some training in the days that lead up to the challenge. This would potentially be filmed at the beginning of September.

I was wondering if you were able to forward my email onto any rocket scientists who you thought might be up for taking part in the challenge and going against our presenter. And in addition, we are also looking for any launch locations that might be suitable for us to film – preferably in the East Coast.

If you think you could recommend any locations, or any Rocket Scientists that might be up for getting involved then i would love to speak with them about the idea that we have.

If you would like to discuss it further then please let me know a suitable time and number to call you on and i will give you a bell!
Thank you in advance and best regards,
Juliet

I googled the name of the company and email address and it seems rather questionable to me.

It's reality TV which makes them questionable by definition. The "website under construction" doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The producer has worked before.

Back