• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Skyripper reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin we are going to be arm wrestling over these. Especially the 29mm.

E-mail me me when you get a chance, I have an idea for you.

I'll trade you a single 54 for a two pack of 29's. And I'll give a great deal on 54mm internals The casing I have is questionable .

I'll trade you a single 54 for a two pack of 29's. And I'll give a great deal on 54mm internals The casing I have is questionable .

Bill, I do have a few 29mm loads left, though I'm not sure how many. Let me count and I'll get back to you.

Al - message sent to your cox address, if that's still active.

Kevin O

Todd has a mold for making 54mm grains. It's a shame he won't let someone use it to make reloads.

-Kevin

Heck, I'd lease or buy the rights to make reloads, especially for the 29mm line. Those are some sweet motors. I've tried contacting Todd, but never got a response.

Kevin O

I can't sell you "reloads" but I can sell you plastic pipe or tell you how to make plastic pipe. What you do with it is your business.

Thanks, Karl. I get that, but I am an NAR flyer, and not much interested in the hassles of 'research'. I have flown a few under METRA, though not recently.

The larger issue is that the 29mm reloads are injection molded ABS, and the internal shape has a significant effect on performance. The performance figures as certified significantly understate their real-world performance.

Kevin

I stand corrected - the 29mm reloads are indeed just ABS pipe, rather than injection molded pieces.

Kevin O

Interesting.

After receiving a correction via PM, I dug out one of my remaining reloads and a micrometer to see just what gives. Looks like the 29mm reloads are actually two pieces of pipe of different diameter, sleeved and glued together to form the grain.

Kevin O

I stand corrected - the 29mm reloads are indeed just ABS pipe, rather than injection molded pieces.

Kevin O

Actually the 54mm skyrippers are injection molded ABS. 38s are 1" sch 80 PVC and Polypropylene. I don't have the info on the 29s but I believe they are PVC and PP as well. ABS pipe is not made that small. PP performs a little better than PVC but costs more too. I can't make 54mm ABS grains but I can make them out of PVC or PP. The smaller grains are just pipe which is identical to the manufactured ones. Small hybrid research motors are fairly "hassle" free.

I just dug out a used 29mm SRS fuel grain. I don't know what plastic it is but it's molded. I can see the mold lines on the outside.

I just dug out a used 29mm SRS fuel grain. I don't know what plastic it is but it's molded. I can see the mold lines on the outside.

The molded one is ABS. I thought they had two types of 29mm fuel grains but I was wrong. What is the outside diameter and length of the fuel grain?

Last edited:
The molded one is ABS. I thought they had two types of 29mm fuel grains but I was wrong. What is the outside diameter and length of the fuel grain?

.99 x 4.5

RATT 29mm had a black plastic and a white plastic but I don't think both were available at the same time and I don't know which one is current.

.99 x 4.5

RATT 29mm had a black plastic and a white plastic but I don't think both were available at the same time and I don't know which one is current.

I have a RATT 29mm. Polypropylene does come in different colors such as black and white. RATT 29 reloads are machined plastic which I suspect is Poly Pro. 3/4" pipe will not fit in 29mm case and needs to be machined down.

I have several 38mm SkyRipper reloads available for sale.

(3) 38 mm PVC (grey) H124 / H119 / I117
(6) 38 mm PP(black) H115 / I146 / J144
1 set 38 mm internals (no nozzle)
(vent closure, floating valve, snap rings, washer)
2 6' braided tank hoses

All for $400 shipped, want to sell all - no partial

Tim Boschert
[email protected]

I have several 38mm SkyRipper reloads available for sale.

(3) 38 mm PVC (grey) H124 / H119 / I117
(6) 38 mm PP(black) H115 / I146 / J144
1 set 38 mm internals (no nozzle)
(vent closure, floating valve, snap rings, washer)
2 6' braided tank hoses

All for $400 shipped, want to sell all - no partial

Tim Boschert
[email protected]

You do know the manufacturer's original price on this items, don't you?

I have a 54mm skyripper and I think 2 or 3 reloads for it, willing to swap for RATT (not 29mm got plenty of that) or contrail hardware. Interested?

I am aware - have to start pricing somewhere - OBO - you have an interest?

Last edited:
I have been sort of goosing Todd to see if there can be some relief on the 29mm scene. No promises and I will let folks know what I find out.

Anyone that has hybrid motor parts/reloads for sale let me know.

Thanks, Daniel W.

I have been sort of goosing Todd to see if there can be some relief on the 29mm scene. No promises and I will let folks know what I find out.

I'll take an update if you get any info to pass along. I just acquired 29mm and 54mm SkyRipper systems, and have a line on a 38mm system.

[Deal made and confirmed already ] I have a complete Skyripper 54mm set for sale with 2 reloads, make offer.

Last edited:
Back