AV Bay Please Post Pictures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowpuller

Reaction score
Please post pictures of your AV Bay wired up. I'm particularly looking for those of you who go switchless and use Missile Works altimeters.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Here ya go.... Click on "49" Mounting electronics on sled & go from there.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-quot-Stock-quot-3IN-DARKSTAR-CJ-Step-By-Step

Last couple of pics show switch wire coming out bottom of sled where it's led to vent hole when installed.

This build is a sticky in high power. If you look through it after the sled building... there are pic's of how twist & tape is done from start to finish. Just read index for where they are

Blackjack,

Great thread, good info

BUT

The reason I asked specifically about a MW RRC2 is that unlike the altimeters shown in your thread the RRC2 does not have terminals for a switch, both altimeters in the build you directed me to do.

I realize I can introduce a terminal block on my sled and proceed like you have shown, BUT

My desire is to not add a terminal block, I'm trying to go overtly KISS.

I believe to do what I am planning on, I will have to use one lead from my battery, the positive lead according to MW, this lead will actually become part of my twist pair, meaning I will likely be cutting and stripping this wire multiple times meaning I will have to replace my battery cap over time, and this will be stranded wire versus solid wire which is my preference for the twist

I have seen what I am trying to accomplish done, but just can't remember how to get there, terminal blocks are always my out but I really don't want the extra connections.

Help please!

Please post pictures of your AV Bay wired up. I'm particularly looking for those of you who go switchless and use Missile Works altimeters.

Thank you

Sorry but I didn't see anything about an RRC2 in the question.

Blackjack,

Great thread, good info

BUT

The reason I asked specifically about a MW RRC2 is that unlike the altimeters shown in your thread the RRC2 does not have terminals for a switch, both altimeters in the build you directed me to do.

I realize I can introduce a terminal block on my sled and proceed like you have shown, BUT

My desire is to not add a terminal block, I'm trying to go overtly KISS.

Unfortunately I know of no other way of doing this correctly without adding a T-block.

Never the less,I have a sled for my V-2/RRC2, I can post pics of,with wire diagram should you wish.

Other than using the + side of battery clip, which will result in constant replacement over time as you state, the T-block is the simplest solution I could think of.

I cut off the twisted end of my wire/switch every time. The solid strand wire needs replaced every 4-5 uses and the T/B fits the need for me. Maybe some one else will show up with another solution.....

Last edited:
Other than using the + side of battery clip, which will result in constant replacement over time as you state, the T-block is the simplest solution I could think of.

I cut off the twisted end of my wire/switch every time. The solid strand wire needs replaced every 4-5 uses and the T/B fits the need for me. Maybe some one else will show up with another solution.....

If you tin your leads with solder you would never have to do this.

Come see me at freedom launch. I can show you my solution to avoid terminal blocks.

I know how to avoid them, but when you replace the switch wire you have to cut into the + from battery ..... over time it gets shorter. Even if you tin it, you still have to re-solder every replacement.

So what's the secret?

You are correct. I actually use a very small two terminal soldered to a wiring harness.

Back