TARC Team Fundraiser

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CZ Brat

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am now going on my 2nd year as a TARC mentor, and loving every minute. Last year I mentored a suburban high school near my home. Unfortunately, when the teacher retired, so did the program. Then I heard of a school who was losing its mentor and I jumped right in. But this was not a suburban school where kids could afford a $50 program fee to be in TARC. This was an inner city school with 90% of kids on free/reduced lunch. And the teacher was paying for much of the program out of her own pocket (gotta love teachers).

So I wanted to help alleviate her of this burden. Last weekend we took the kids to a high power launch (Tripoli-MN) and they cleaned motor cases for donations. The kids were thrilled to see the big rockets fly and they learned a lot talking to all the other flyers. This may have been the first time out in the country for some of them. We made some money, but we have more to raise, especially since we intend to qualify and go to Nationals in VA.

So you are probably expecting the last part of the thread to be a donation pitch. Right?

Well it is. Below is a link to our GOFUNDME website. It is an easy way for supporters of ours to donate. Even if you don't plan to donate, you may find my nervous, on camera pitch to be entertaining. Also, if you know anyone who might be interested in donating, we would appreciate it if you would share this with them. Thank you very much.

https://www.gofundme.com/cedws0

Last edited:
Back