Posting in Mid-power, or High-Power section?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAHagen

Reaction score
I have a new build/discussion thread about a two stage, black powder F motor, would that be considered mid, or high power? Doing a quick calculation I would assume that it would classified as mid-power I just would like to make sure before I posted it in one or the other.

Okay thanks, I put it in the scratch built section. I still wasn't sure when I posted it so I put it in one that was impulse neutral.

Last edited:
Even two Gs' only equal Mid-Power if they are G80s' and the Rocket weighs less than 3.3lbs.

It only becomes High Power if any one of the limits for a Model Rocket is exceeded.

2 F motors will not exceed the total impulse limit for a Model Rocket. The odds are they will not exceed the total propellant mass limit either.

See the chart.

https://www.doug79.com/stuff/HPR_metric9c.pdf

I have a new build/discussion thread about a two stage, black powder F motor, would that be considered mid, or high power? Doing a quick calculation I would assume that it would classified as mid-power I just would like to make sure before I posted it in one or the other.

Just post it somewhere. Don't worry, if you post in the wrong place, the thread police will call you out publicly for a flogging!

Back